International Brahman Show

Help Support CattleToday:

The bull behind mine was higher than me. That was the first place bull. Judge said mine just couldnt compete because the other so much more body mass and muscle (older bull)

Txcountry, You keep accusing everyone of being dishonest. I don't know them but I know what bulls should weigh. Can you tell us what yours weighed and his age?

The "V8 show team" is composed of juniors that bought V8 calves. Like Cherokee pointed out, that's as good as V8 themselves showing.

The thing about marketing your cattle, like V8 and JDH do, they sell their show calves to families / juniors that will take them to as many shows as possible. When people walk down the aisles, see them in the winners circle, etc., they see the BRAND, not the owner or the exhibitor. So when they want a calf / cow / bull, they go to V8 or JDH, not Ms. Munson. Think of what a good idea it would be if ABBA no longer required BRANDING the cattle.. wouldn't that possibly even out the playing field. The judge would have no way of knowing who the breeder was. Hmmm.... I wonder why that hasn't been done? :roll:

Sorry.. soapbox again.. :oops:

I cant tell you exactly what he weighs, but I can tell you about. He is about 1200 and just over 18 months. One of the bulls I was showing against, I found his EPDs in the Brahman Journal and it says yearling weight was 1,305 lbs. I want to clear up a little bit. Im not trying to sit and accuse everyone but me of lying and cheating with the animals. What Im trying to say is that its not just a small percentage doing this. It may not be as bad in other breeds, but with Brahmans it is extremely widespread. Anyone who shows brahmans will agree. If I was just pointing fingers and accusing people, I would be saying what ranches I think are doing it. I might be dumb, but Im not that dumb.

And now for the bull results. Pretty easy though, 2 ranches won all 4 positions.

Grand Champion Grey Brahman Bull: Mr V8 846/5 of V8 Ranch
Reserve Champion Grey Brahman Bull: Mr V8 924/5 of V8 Ranch

Grand Champion Red Brahman Bull: SRS Mr. Profiler 729 of Swaner Brahmans
Reserve Champion Red Brahman Bull: Mr. JR Issac Lotto 600 of Swaner Brahmans

In fact, V8 won every division of Gray cattle, both females and bulls. No doubt they have some amazing animals. Im sure Jim Williams was happy with this years results.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":1w5fjrs6 said:
What Im trying to say is that its not just a small percentage doing this.

Do you know this for a fact.
If I remember right, when you bought this little bull last spring you were told by many on this board, reg Brahman Breeders included that he was to small for his age, but you had fallen in love with him and you wanted him so you bought him.

Great result against the big guns.
One thing in V8s favour is that they obviously are not selling rubbish to young breeders.
I receive the American Brahman Journal,looking at some of the show winners at some of the major shows they wouldn't get past a third or fourth place in some of the larger Brahman shows here.
Things are a bit political here too.

Colin

No matter what anyone thinks, V8 has some awesome cattle. Jim Williams has really worked to develop great brahmans. If you ever get the chance go down and visit the ranch and visit with him, it's a very good learning experience.

Courtni's heifer is very gentle because she works with her and she shows her every weekend on the TCCA weekend show circuit. In fact, Courtni is getting the Brahman buckle this year and her brother Cotton is getting the Red Brahman buckle.

That's half the battle with showing cattle is getting the animal to act right in the show ring and set up good so that the judge can get a good long look at it. I don't know which ring you were showing in, but, in one of the rings at Houston there is a spot where alot of the animals will jump up or sideways, don't know if there is an air vent there or a loose board or what.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":4y3iqtt2 said:
I cant tell you exactly what he weighs, but I can tell you about. He is about 1200 and just over 18 months. One of the bulls I was showing against, I found his EPDs in the Brahman Journal and it says yearling weight was 1,305 lbs. I want to clear up a little bit. Im not trying to sit and accuse everyone but me of lying and cheating with the animals. What Im trying to say is that its not just a small percentage doing this. It may not be as bad in other breeds, but with Brahmans it is extremely widespread. Anyone who shows brahmans will agree. If I was just pointing fingers and accusing people, I would be saying what ranches I think are doing it. I might be dumb, but Im not that dumb.
TCB, in fairness to the other contestants and the judge, I would say your bull isn't heavy enough to compete anywhere. That doesn't make him any worse , he just wasn't fed enough or didn't do enough with what he was fed. Competative bulls should weigh 100 lbs per month (some shows more). Don't fall into the sour grapes crowd. I don't know V8 but if they're in the front of the pack they have to have cattle that are at worst pretty good. More than likely theirs are better than the rest .

Three. That is the part I have been leaving out when I tell people about it. It sounds so much better when I brag at school saying "I got third in my class at the International Brahman Show"

TxCoUnTrYbOy":82qr6qyf said:
Three. That is the part I have been leaving out when I tell people about it. It sounds so much better when I brag at school saying "I got third in my class at the International Brahman Show"
Admitting that on this public forum makes you a real MAN far as Im concerned!!! You didnt have to tell that and nobody would have known. Youve got a lot of potential young man....good luck to you

tapeworm":1zoa81mt said:
TxCoUnTrYbOy":1zoa81mt said:
Admitting that on this public forum makes you a real MAN far as Im concerned!!! You didnt have to tell that and nobody would have known. Youve got a lot of potential young man....good luck to you

I agree with tapeworm CountryBoy. Good odds that anyone who has shown much at all has also told people how they placed without saying how may were in the class. Rude question to ask.

Hey TCB - I am the first to tell you that I know nothing about your breed of cattle - and I will tick some off when I say I think they are ugly - but you keep standing up like you do - I think more and more will make time for you.

You make it in my book.

Stay well.

Bez

Latest posts