Interesting Idea (Brits take note)

Help Support CattleToday:

Wonder if I could get 10,000 people to send me some money each year to have a voice in my farm doings. :mrgreen:

I think its great. Here is why. It is making people aware of what goes on a farm and how we operate and how hard it can be sometimes. It is educating people that would otherwise probably have little to no contact with a farmer or learn things about a farm. That is what faces agriculture right now is the threat of people voting on things that affect us when they know nothing about what we do or how their vote affects us and them.

It's a good concept although I know how the National Trust works, it sounds good on paper but in practice I am on the fence at the moment until I see some results. Don't get me wrong the NT is a good thing, it saves many a Place from going into the hands of developers, and preserves a lot of our heritage, but it likes to do things their way, and works by the book, don't think that can be done on a farm. It might turn out like the Eden Project, a very good success and I hope it does.

I am reminded of the old saying ......

" A camel is merely a horse designed by a committee."

group colaborations are seldom sucessful becasue there is a lack of vision and specific goals.

the disaffected either lose interest or, more dangerously, are constantly looking far ways to redirect things to their way of thinking.

this fund raising ruse is ill fated long term unless somone takes the reins and can creatively keep the donors entertained with non important fluff votes.

Latest posts