Insurance

Help Support CattleToday:

I havent read the whole thread yet, so someone else may have already suggested these options, and my apologies if its redundant info:

1)Have her contact her prescribing Dr. to see if they have any samples of the med. that shes using
Based on the price, Im guessing its something like Lantus or Levemir that shes using and Pharm companies will frequently give samples, in this case particularly to endocrinologists.

2) Most of the Pharms have coupons and other discount programs available for use when there is no other insurance involved.
Start with an online search for the specific med. There is usually info on the pharm website for discounts

3) Have her talk to the hospital patient advocate office. They may be able to direct her to other organizations or programs that can help lower her costs substantially

To update.
There was a free after hours clinic.
I can't recall the name but if it's important I'll get the name, but it's after hours where doctors and nurses donate their time. She saw a Doc and he wrote script for a months supply plus they issued her a card for the pharmacy that paid almost all.
She took a half dose this morning ( short acting and had been out of long acting for a couple days ) and was out. She was in a bad spot but these people baled her out.

I can't express how overwhelmed I am with these peoples generosity.

Lots of good people left in the world.

Latest posts