Insurance in Kentucky

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
"My commitment today is we're going to begin an effort to cover 100 percent of our individuals in our black and African American communities," Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear said. "Everybody. We're going to be putting dollars behind it, we're going to have a multifaceted campaign to do it."

HDRider said:
"My commitment today is we're going to begin an effort to cover 100 percent of our individuals in our black and African American communities," Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear said. "Everybody. We're going to be putting dollars behind it, we're going to have a multifaceted campaign to do it."

Dang right! To he!! with the poor white folks in Eastern Kentucky!

TennesseeTuxedo said:
HDRider said:

That has always seemed to be the attitude unfortunately. Poverty in eastern KY is a serious issue in itself that seems to always be forgotten.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
HDRider said:

Working in that area I could not agree more.

Ky hills said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
HDRider said:

That has always seemed to be the attitude unfortunately. Poverty in eastern KY is a serious issue in itself that seems to always be forgotten.

Ky hills, you might recall I shared my views on Andy a couple of months ago. I'm glad to see he's not disappointing me.

Ky hills said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
HDRider said:

My church does mission work there in every aspect from medical to how to fill out a job application. Currently we are collecting money for shoes and socks for the kids.
Poverty is a disease and those poor people are terminally ill.
It's hard to believe some of those conditions exist in America today.
They make the poor of East Texas look like the Clampetts.

Caustic Burno said:
Ky hills said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

My church does mission work there in every aspect from medical to how to fill out a job application. Currently we are collecting money for shoes and socks for the kids.

Thank you to your church for their mission work there. I was a part of a mission church there for 17 years. We also live on the borderline of what is considered eastern Ky. I have said for years that most people unless they have been in the area and come to know the people they have know idea the living conditions. Generational poverty and drug addictions have ravaged our town as well as those farther east. I made some good friends while on that mission field and got a lot of insight as to the why it is the way it is. It's truly heartbreaking to see some of the living conditions, and there is no easy solution. During our time working there at one point there were multiple mission groups coming from several states and even one from Canada to do mission projects in three different counties.

Ky hills said:
Caustic Burno said:
Ky hills said:

Thank you to your church for their mission work there. I was a part of a mission church there for 17 years. We also live on the borderline of what is considered eastern Ky. I have said for years that most people unless they have been in the area and come to know the people they have know idea the living conditions. Generational poverty and drug addictions have ravaged our town as well as those farther east. I made some good friends while on that mission field and got a lot of insight as to the why it is the way it is. It's truly heartbreaking to see some of the living conditions, and there is no easy solution. During our time working there at one point there were multiple mission groups coming from several states and even one from Canada to do mission projects in three different counties.
I watched a show on KET (Kentucky Educational Television) (ket.org) it was a show about doctors scheduling to have c-section at 35 weeks to fit their schedules. Babys brains develop so much between 35-40 weeks it showed a picture it was unreal. I'd never heard this. I got sucked in to this TV show . It talked about some mothers in Eastern Kentucky and how they just live off the system cause it paid more than getting a minimum wage job that most jobs wasn't there. It was sad to watch.
I never understood why people go on these missions trips over seas when we have people needing help in the United States. It's great people help don't get me wrong just never understood traveling over seas to help.
I always try to help when I can. I don't go on missions trips or anything fancy but I'll help homeless and give to the local tiny pantries. Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually helping or hurting the problem...

I watched a show on KET (Kentucky Educational Television) (ket.org) it was a show about doctors scheduling to have c-section at 35 weeks to fit their schedules. Babys brains develop so much between 35-40 weeks it showed a picture it was unreal. I'd never heard this. I got sucked in to this TV show . It talked about some mothers in Eastern Kentucky and how they just live off the system cause it paid more than getting a minimum wage job that most jobs wasn't there. It was sad to watch.
I never understood why people go on these missions trips over seas when we have people needing help in the United States. It's great people help don't get me wrong just never understood traveling over seas to help.
I always try to help when I can. I don't go on missions trips or anything fancy but I'll help homeless and give to the local tiny pantries. Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually helping or hurting the problem...
[/quote]

Farmer Shell, I am not surprised at anything doctors do or don't do around here. I know of two situations one in our family and one good friends that the drs were not "available" to deliver the babies and thus they held off the delivery. In both situations it caused harm to the children and in one resulted in serious developmental issues that the child will never outgrow.
And yes the concept of working the system is very real we see it every day. Folks can get healthcare, food stamps, disability benefits, in some cases almost free housing.
I agree with you it is sometimes hard to know if trying to help is helpful or enabling, but I try to look at it in the sense of if we try to do something to help it's on them how they use that. No doubt you get used sometimes, but its hard to not help sometimes when you know there is a need.

Chevy said:

I have two brothers and a sister. Also a brother and a sister that were still born. All were born at home without any assistance from a doctor although a doctor was sent for and did not arrive until each of us were born and this birth was assisted by a midwife. Birthing babies has become big business. Also there were no any hospitals to speak of in Wood County Texas. The first ones were opened and funded by the doctors to use if needed.

Ky hills said:

Farmer Shell, I am not surprised at anything doctors do or don't do around here. I know of two situations one in our family and one good friends that the drs were not "available" to deliver the babies and thus they held off the delivery. In both situations it caused harm to the children and in one resulted in serious developmental issues that the child will never outgrow.
And yes the concept of working the system is very real we see it every day. Folks can get healthcare, food stamps, disability benefits, in some cases almost free housing.
I agree with you it is sometimes hard to know if trying to help is helpful or enabling, but I try to look at it in the sense of if we try to do something to help it's on them how they use that. No doubt you get used sometimes, but its hard to not help sometimes when you know there is a need.
[/quote]

Yes, I can't agree with you more.

Latest posts