Instant pot

Help Support CattleToday:

Named'em Tamed'em

Reaction score
Has anyone used one? I put an arm roast in mine last night for 90 minutes, fall apart delicious. All I did was RUB it down with some seasoning, chopped green Chile peppers and garlic and onions. Oh, and I seared it first.

This was a first for me, I'm impressed. :nod:

Named'em Tamed'em said:
Has anyone used one? I put an arm roast in mine last night for 90 minutes, fall apart delicious. All I did was RUB it down with some seasoning, chopped green Chile peppers and garlic and onions. Oh, and I seared it first.

This was a first for me, I'm impressed. :nod:

Mrs. thinks hers is the best thing since sliced bread.
The biscuit eater always agrees with the biscuit maker here.

Its basically a set it and forget it pressure cooker. Its also much simpler and faster to use than my old classic pressure cookers.

JMJ Farms said:
Bright Raven said:
I need to get one. Everyone is raving about them. Far better than a crock pot.

Is anything really better than a crockpot? Is that possible?

I use a crock pot for most of my cooking. I fixed short ribs covered with Sauerkraut tonight but I hear the fast cook is better.

I'm assuming the time saved by this gizmo, each time one uses it, is added on cumulatively to the end of your life..if you use it enough, will ya never die? Pressure cooker with a timer............Is this thing just for people that can't tell time or afford a wristwatch?

Oh Lord won't you buy me a new instant pot?
Mom's old pressure cooker is all that I got.
Need something fancy that cooks fast and hot,
Oh Lord won't you get me a new instant pot.

greybeard said:
I'm assuming the time saved by this gizmo, each time one uses it, is added on cumulatively to the end of your life..if you use it enough, will ya never die? Pressure cooker with a timer............Is this thing just for people that can't tell time or afford a wristwatch?

You bout as ugly as Janis Joplin.
Remember when we went and looked at cows. I wasn't the ugliest man in Tyler county when you came over. :hide:

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but everything turns out bland.
It seems the steam washes off the seasonings.
It cooks fast but I don't get the flavor like a slow cooker.

Cross-7 said:
As TT said:
No.

Faster does not necessarily equate to better.

greybeard said:
Cross-7 said:
As TT said:
No.

Faster does not necessarily equate to better.

I questioned the whole process, step one I'm sold.

Cooked very well a tough roast.

Caustic Burno said:
greybeard said:

You bout as ugly as Janis Joplin.
Remember when we went and looked at cows. I wasn't the ugliest man in Tyler county when you came over. :hide:
Well, never let it be said I'm selfish. I was happy to relieve you of that specific duty, if only for a few hours.

my wife has had an electronic pressure cooker for several years....she used it all the time...it did some of her best work

I am a crockpot guy....when I started cooking with the crock pot she put the electronic pressure cooker away...

since my wife died I do not even know where the electronic pressure cooker is...

but for just me and the dogs I don't cook much any more other than the microwave and the toaster oven....

Cross-7 said:

I too am sorry about your wife PDF. If you were a little closer, I would invite you to my place for a home-cooked meal.

Cross-7, try using stock or broth for the liquid, it will make a big difference. Also, you can add some vegetables to the stock for flavor (they will disintegrate and need to be discarded but they do add flavor). With that said, I still prefer a crock pot, but when I don't have all darn day, the IP works wonders.
Tip: Cook your hard boiled eggs in it and the shells will peel right off, no matter the age of the egg.

Latest posts