Instant pot

Help Support CattleToday:

Here is a great recipe for the IP. Everyone that has had it loves it.
https://www.copymethat.com/r/VtroF0Q/one-instant-pot-penne-pasta/

I will try to find some more that we have done that we like.

Here are a few more.

https://thisoldgal.com/instant-pot-creamy-tuscan-garlic-chicken/

https://www.simplyhappyfoodie.com/instant-pot-taco-soup/

Garlic Mashed Potatoes - can't find recipe but very easy and turn out good.
Potato soup is good as well.
Pork Shoulder was good but not has good as on a smoker....but a lot faster.
Chicken Tortilla soup.

Lots of other good recipes out there I am sure. I still love my crockpot as the Instant Pot is just another tool to have in the arsenal.

Edited: I almost forgot.....the French Dip is amazing out of the IP.

Hook2.0 said:
slick4591 said:
The IP is probably one of the only kitchen gadgets I don't have. I use a sous vide quite a bit and love how the food turns out.

Boiled steak :yuck:

:lol: Nope. Brought up to temp (not boiled) in an air tight bag, then seared. It'll about turn a cheap cut into prime.

Hook2.0 said:
slick4591 said:
The IP is probably one of the only kitchen gadgets I don't have. I use a sous vide quite a bit and love how the food turns out.

I found out the best way to make chili for hot dogs is to boil the hamburger meat. Much more tender that way. I can make chili dogs and onion rings exactly like The Varsity if you've ever been there.

Hormel's not bad in a pinch. You might want to check out The Varsity if you like a good chili dog and onion rings next time you go through Atlanta and you're not pulling a trailer. They've been in business since 1928 and claim to have sold more coca-cola than any restaurant in the world. Probably sold more hot dogs too. It's right next to I-75 on North Avenue directly across from Ga.Tech.

ga.prime said:
Hook2.0 said:
slick4591 said:

I found out the best way to make chili for hot dogs is to boil the hamburger meat. Much more tender that way. I can make chili dogs and onion rings exactly like The Varsity if you've ever been there.

I'm coming down your way Saturday morning after I do a few things around home. How about having breakfast ready by 8:30 :lol2:

ga.prime said:
Hormel's not bad in a pinch. You might want to check out The Varsity if you like a good chili dog and onion rings next time you go through Atlanta and you're not pulling a trailer. They've been in business since 1928 and claim to have sold more coca-cola than any restaurant in the world. Probably sold more hot dogs too. It's right next to I-75 on North Avenue directly across from Ga.Tech.

Probably miles better than what Sonic's 'foot long chilidog' has turned in to. The last ones wife and I tried, were so salty neither one of us could finish it.
I do love a good chilidog, tho my cardiologist would have the proverbial 'cow' if she knew I was still eating one every now and again.

JMJ Farms said:
ga.prime said:

I'm coming down your way Saturday morning after I do a few things around home. How about having breakfast ready by 8:30 :lol2:
I would say yes but I think I'll be in Montgomery Saturday morning.

slick4591 said:
Hook2.0 said:
slick4591 said:

:lol: Nope. Brought up to temp (not boiled) in an air tight bag, then seared. It'll about turn a cheap cut into prime.

That just adds the maillard effect to a boiled steak. You can (and I sometimes do) the same thing with oven cooked roasts and slow cooker roasts and pork, tho with chuck and rump roasts, I brown it/sear it before hand so it makes a gravy while it cooks.

A favorite Insta Pot meal is using a ham roast, a carton of chicken broth, a ton of minced garlic, pepper, one sliced onion. Put on meat setting.

Fall apart delicious. So flavorful. Recipe called for salt and I'd lick a salt block if I didn't get dirty looks... But with the ham and chicken broth, it is salty enough.

NEFarmwife said:
A favorite Insta Pot meal is using a ham roast, a carton of chicken broth, a ton of minced garlic, pepper, one sliced onion. Put on meat setting.

Fall apart delicious. So flavorful. Recipe called for salt and I'd lick a salt block if I didn't get dirty looks... But with the ham and chicken broth, it is salty enough.

I forgot I halve some red skinned potatoes and put in there too.

ga.prime said:

The Varsity no has other locations in the suburbs if you are hauling. But if you want the real experience you have to go to the original in Downtown. PS... learn the lingo before you go https://thevarsity.com/food/lingo. It is worth the visit!

NEFarmwife said:
JMJ Farms said:
Bright Raven said:
I need to get one. Everyone is raving about them. Far better than a crock pot.

Is anything really better than a crockpot? Is that possible?
Yes. Smoked.

I like to smoke a chuck or rump roast for a few hours and get a good smoke ring on it.
Then put in a cast iron skillet with beef broth and a package of French onion soup mix.
Put in back in the smoker and let it cook low and slow.
It's tender but a a firmer texture

Latest posts