inside out tires

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
How do you go about turning tires inside out, or outside in?

thanks
dun

I don't know how hard it is with steel belted tires but on the old bias ply you you cut the bead off one side and cut slits in it about every six inches and just rolled it inside out. When I was a kid we had a neighbor that must of had fifty of them lining his driveway. All of them painted white and with rose bushes in them.Z

the easiest way i have found is to cut the bead off one side bolt a chain on the other bead hook on post put chain on other side and pulltire straight with winch or come along hook the end of that chain on another post then move winch or come along around tire pulling straight. I have done this on 18.4-30 tires some truck tires would be easier

Don't try it with radials. The guys around here only do bais. At least on tractor tires.

I turn radial car and pickup tires all the time. I usually just cut the side wall off close to the tread and use sheet rock screws to mount them on 2x6's. For large feeders I use combine tires and use the sawz-all to cut of the side wall and sections of the tread so the cows can reach in. I've put skids under mine and chain them together and drag em around the pasture.

Bobg

Latest posts