Info on High school Ag Farms

Help Support CattleToday:

dguess7

Reaction score
I am looking for info. on High School ag Farms, any rules, how the pens are layed out, good, bad, problems, just about any info some one can give. how to start one anything.

thanks,

i'd try to look into Turner Technical Institute in Hialeah florida.... they have an ag program there......

Well I'm in AZ, I go to Westwood High, and for our ag area we have a couple medium pastures with a cement stall for the steers and some pipe fencing wired together into 8 stalls with calves in them...umm I dont know what else...we have hay sheds and stuff.

OUr agfarm is buildiing new pig pens with cement floors. OUr ag farm has different sections in it (Swine, Bovine, Equine ect.) I have a show heifer that is in the bovine section. I love our ag farm, the only problem is that other people/students have acess to your animal. We have had one problem with students coming after school hours and stiring up some kids pig. Other than that one problem it is great. Thanks KaneRanch

There are about 5 top notch ag barns around Houston,Tx. They are laid out based on need. Most of the ones here are built by money from a bond issue and they are high dollar projects.

I go to Faith in South Australia. We have 5 small paddocks and 2 large ones which are used for about 10 head of sheep and usually our 5 beef steers.

We have a wash bay which is basically two cement slabs with railing. This year we only just got cement around it which was great cause now we don't get mud up to our ankles. We have a crush and a small yard. Our teachers put together a round pen with wooden posts and any scrap gates. In winter we would sometimes shed the steers in the chicken shed after they've been slaughtered. We also extended onto our yards to help move the cattle in a more safe way. That's about it.

man i feel like ours is a little junk hole! theres a huge garden and green house 2 little sheds in our 2 small paddocs. theres a shed, chicken coop under a little barn wiht 2 stalls there. then theres a bigger barn wiht 6 stalls and a 3 stall hog shed next to it. we have a braford cow and her braford brangus cross calf who is about 2months old now and a braford heifer like 13 chikens and a bunch of goats. the teacher is as brillant as a box of roks. i teach her! and the class when it comes to horses and cattle. it's kinda crazy. it's alittle weird and she our FFA instructor. :shock:

Latest posts