In case you've forgotten...

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
I'm back, but just for a little bit today. School's been kinda nuts, finals coming up, and all the fun stuff that comes about when somebody like me's at university. Oh yeah, and I've been learning some neat things too...how to class the growing stages of crops like barley and canola, learned some new methods on reducing stress from handling cattle (from a Temple Grandin video my teacher showed me and my classmates--some things on the video I knew about already, but others I didn't know about were neat to learn: want Dad to see it too 'cause he could use some hints too from there ;-) ..), and about Grass Tetany, among other things...

Calves are coming tonight (finally), I'll get some pics on here once the dust has settled at school .... AND those two cats are always into everything as usual, 'specially Spider: he got up on the roof of the house via the ladder when we weren't looking, and snuck into the house on me....twice. :roll: They're growing like weeds though.

And it's freezing cold right now!! ONLY -20 C outside, but it feels like -30 C with the windchill...kinda jealous some of you down south are at PLUS 20 C! ;-) Oh well, it's Canada from where I'm sitting, whadya expect, eh? :lol:

That's about all, so I guess I'll see yall when I'm on Christmas break :heart: :) ...so long!

MillIronQH":1ajhs5qr said:
la4angus":1ajhs5qr said:
Dangit. 52 here.

Gumbo weather. :nod: Z
You got that right. That's what we had for lunch yesterday. I don't and won't eat turkey.
Just looked at the temp; 50 degrees outside

KNERSIE":37gsuewu said:
what is gumbo?
Gumbo is a soup made by starting with a dark roux and stock. Normally it has some type of meat in it. Mostly the meat consist of chicken and sausage.The vegetables are used for part of the seasoning and they normally consist of onions, celery, and green bell peppers. These are completely cooked until they have no resembelence to the raw state. Green onion tops and parsley are usually added at the end of cooking just before you turn the fire off.

All right I'll admit I ain't very good at keeping promises to myself.. :roll: but jeeze, I have to say it feels like it ain't gonna warm up even a degree for a while yet! :shock:

Glad you folks are enjoying the warm weather down there, it's too cold up here to do anything outside, really :( ...including needling the 80 new calves that came yesterday morning :D :D :D :D :D I can't wait to see them, let alone show them to yall on here. BTW, we did get some black calves in the mix, with a few char, but most of them are simmi crosses and/or herfs (75% of the herd's brown colored)...with an odd ball thrown in...a roan calf! 8)

I don't know what the weights are or how much we bought them for, but this weekend, when I'm home (hopefully) I'll let yall know...

have a good day all :cboy:

IluvABbeef":hm9z26im said:
learned some new methods on reducing stress from handling cattle (from a Temple Grandin video my teacher showed me and my classmates

I've just read one of Grandin's books... it's really good.