IMF or Marbling score?

Help Support CattleToday:

vclavin":1lx1nju1 said:
Bonsman":1lx1nju1 said:
Valerie,

Warner Bratzler Shear values (WBS) is the amount of force needed to cut through a piece of beef, typically the rib eye area. The article explains it to some degree. Like all methods, WBS has its flaws. The ultimate test is how does it taste.

Mike
University of Missouri geneticist states their DNA for tenderness is highly accurate. Seems they have been studying that particular trait quite a bit. I can only assume that a piece of meat can "taste" good and still be tuff.. maybe marbling keeps it from being as bad as shoe leather? :D
Valerie
I've had really tough meat with fantastic flavor and really tender meat with no flavor.

dun":1t9jdsjh said:
vclavin":1t9jdsjh said:
Bonsman":1t9jdsjh said:
Valerie,

Warner Bratzler Shear values (WBS) is the amount of force needed to cut through a piece of beef, typically the rib eye area. The article explains it to some degree. Like all methods, WBS has its flaws. The ultimate test is how does it taste.

Mike
University of Missouri geneticist states their DNA for tenderness is highly accurate. Seems they have been studying that particular trait quite a bit. I can only assume that a piece of meat can "taste" good and still be tuff.. maybe marbling keeps it from being as bad as shoe leather? :D
Valerie
I've had really tough meat with fantastic flavor and really tender meat with no flavor.

I have had "really marbled" meat that was tough and had no flavor. I have also had really lean meat that was tender and full of flavor. What are we to do? :?

Latest posts