Imelda you are 3 days late

Help Support CattleToday:

f1tiger

Reaction score
Found registered hereford bull bogged down in a low stock tank and needless to say it was too late ; Thought he would make it but that is life: NOW that is where the Brahman 1/2 blood or purebred stand out in Texas as you will never see one of them in the water: granted they do not like the cold and wet winters and most do not like to be crowded in a pen but they will never be stuck in mud :that being said in all fairness to my Hereford cows, the last set of Brahman heifers I bought no one will ever steal them lol,( call that high spirited I guess... )

f1tiger said:
Found registered hereford bull bogged down in a low stock tank and needless to say it was too late ; Thought he would make it but that is life: NOW that is where the Brahman 1/2 blood or purebred stand out in Texas as you will never see one of them in the water: granted they do not like the cold and wet winters and most do not like to be crowded in a pen but they will never be stuck in mud :that being said in all fairness to my Hereford cows, the last set of Brahman heifers I bought no one will ever steal them lol,( call that high spirited I guess... )

Was she in there to cool off or simply trying to drink? We had the same thing happen with an Angus cow this week except we pulled her out in time to save her. The pond was just about dried up so I suspect she was thirsty.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
f1tiger said:

Was she in there to cool off or simply trying to drink? We had the same thing happen with an Angus cow this week except we pulled her out in time to save her. The pond was just about dried up so I suspect she was thirsty.
TT did you put a rope around her neck and pull her out or something else?

ccr said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
f1tiger said:

TT did you put a rope around her neck and pull her out or something else?

Log chain so it wouldn't draw up too tight.

I had this happen to a calf about a year and a half ago. Freezing temps and she went out too far and got stuck in the mud. The only thing above water was her eyes and snout. Luckily I found her, so I waded out far enough to throw a lasso around her neck and then pulled her out with the ranger just as darkness was falling. It got down to 5 degrees that night, but she survived and is now a great looking heifer!

Latest posts