I'm not selfish

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie":2n93lk13 said:
Jogeephus":2n93lk13 said:
Obama can fly over to Africa and put out more pollutants than I could in 600 years on this single trip.

I am both willing to compromise and be generous too. Buy him a kayak for water and a bicycle for land.
Not to mention he would be using 'green' using non-polluting and renewable energy resources.
It would be nice for once, to see a politician put their miles where their mouths are.

Maybe he'll put on spandex and go cycling down Alan's road with his whole entourage. :cowboy:

Ya'll need to stop being so bashful with the rain and stop being like the little old lady in the buffet line scooping up peas with the ladle and shaking 2/3's of them out then repeating two more times. Go ahead and get you a big scoop or two. Don't be bashful! Heck, I got hay on the ground and they were only calling for 20% rain today cause they figured you folks would be getting your ladles full but now they are calling for 60% cause ya'll keep dilly dallying!!!!! Get all you want. I ain't selfish. Honest I ain't. And GB, forget the interest. We'll just treat it like BCAP money and you can just pocket it all and stick it in some off shore pasture if you want.

Jogeephus":12qgj5b1 said:
Ya'll need to stop being so bashful with the rain and stop being like the little old lady in the buffet line scooping up peas with the ladle and shaking 2/3's of them out then repeating two more times. Go ahead and get you a big scoop or two. Don't be bashful! Heck, I got hay on the ground and they were only calling for 20% rain today cause they figured you folks would be getting your ladles full but now they are calling for 60% cause ya'll keep dilly dallying!!!!! Get all you want. I ain't selfish. Honest I ain't. And GB, forget the interest. We'll just treat it like BCAP money and you can just pocket it all and stick it in some off shore pasture if you want.

joe, just checked the radar and you have a nice big yellow blob in your area right now.

It don't look yellow to me. From where I'm standing it looks black as coal. (can I say that?)

I really don't need any rain on this hay. The ground moisture is going to be tough enough and its so thick I don't see how I'll ever get it to dry if its rained on. I've got some yearlings on this field but it was so deep they looked like legless slugs moving in the field. I know the yield is going to exceed ten rolls per acre - assuming I can get it to dry. Have another 60 acres in the same shape but I'm not going to risk cutting this. Something needs to give or I'm going to start raising bunny rabbits. (no offense meant to Mr. Hefner)

If this rain would keep up and if I could raise fescue then I'd buy a hundred more head of cattle today cause I'd be in heaven.

slick4591":1uycnt2s said:
Three days of good rain chances and only .21 for me. :cry2:

Wondered if you were missing it. Looked like it wsa headed due south but more toward Ft. Worth. We ended up with about 4.25 inches. Could certainly use about that much more.

When that was coming from the north we got .02. I watched the radar and it was raining to the east and west of us. Look to be splitting at the state line some 40 miles north. Then it started coming from the east and whenever it got in the next county over it starting falling apart.

I'm glad ya'll are getting it. We have had more than our share lately. These two fronts just parked on us. Maybe they are moving out but they are calling for a low to sit on us come this weekend and this will probably bring in more rain.

Jogeephus":2r8hk2qt said:
Doesn't that safety stuff just drive you nuts?!!? If that's not good enough they add this new diesel burnout system to reduce my carbon footprint. Don't quite understand it all but what I hear is this system will heat up to like 1500F to burn the pollutants. This should be a treat when I'm sitting in a hay field with 12% moisture content in the hay. The way I see it is this is going to put me, my equipment and my crop at risk all so I can have a small carbon footprint when Obama can fly over to Africa and put out more pollutants than I could in 600 years on this single trip. Something just don't sound right to me.

Did I miss the part where the EPA controls are regulated in China? But congrats, Jo, on reducing your personal carbon footprint. Have you gotten your cows to stop farting and belching? Well, get to work, man. Oh, and congrats on the new tractor.

Well it quit raining. Was setting up the baler and it started raining again. I now understand what a 20% chance of rain means and I've come to the conclusion that we in the cattle business are doing it all wrong and should take note from the weather gurus. As I see it we need to tell people their steak is going to be about $5.95/lb but once they commit and have consumed most of it we then offer a correction on the price and tell them its $40/lb. This is about what the meteorologist do so I don't see why we should not be able to do the same. Here again is another prime example of the discrimination I must endure.

Two more pop up showers last night. Raining on my way to the farm, quit when I got there but it had rained there. I then got on the tractor and went to the furthest point on the farm from my car. Got soaked; pouring water out of my boots soaked. Drove all the way back to the car and it quit like somebody turned off a faucet. Went back to mowing. Got to love July in the Ozarks! Ended up with an inch for sure. :D

But Jogee, the meteorologist are way more honest than a politician; you actually get a chance when they say you do. And they don't take 3 car payments from you each month.

Got 8/10ths yesterday...8 or 9 more inches spread over the next 4-5 weeks and we could head off into the Fall looking pretty good.

Penned some calves to take to the sale tomorrow. Noticed the cow poo is so yellow it looks like I'm feeding grain...They need some green grass really quick. 8/10ths ain't going to do it.

Vette I have an idea. Why don't you come stay with me for a few days so it will stop raining here and we can get the hay up. You can sit in the shade and I'll be sure you have plenty of cold drinks and food cause I know if there is anyone who can make it stop raining here it is you.

Mind you, I am not complaining about the rain but for heavens sake 2 showers today and its only a 20% chance of rain. Maybe I need to just get rid of the cattle and tour around the country like a rain maker or something.

You'll know its me coming cause my boots are sloshing.

Jogeephus":1yozm2q8 said:
Vette I have an idea. Why don't you come stay with me for a few days so it will stop raining here and we can get the hay up. You can sit in the shade and I'll be sure you have plenty of cold drinks and food cause I know if there is anyone who can make it stop raining here it is you.

Mind you, I am not complaining about the rain but for heavens sake 2 showers today and its only a 20% chance of rain. Maybe I need to just get rid of the cattle and tour around the country like a rain maker or something.

You'll know its me coming cause my boots are sloshing.

LOL....really sounds tempting, but even I haven't stopped fighting all together. However, fewer cattle does give one time to play a little more. Putting up hay once every two - three years is nice too. Seems I'm even likely to make some money again this year. Equipment setting idle saves a lot of money ya know.

Its fixing to rain again. Bet you didn't know 20% chance of rain means its going to rain three times in a day!