I'm not selfish

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":1brot1eu said:
M5, that's some gal there to be willing to hold a lizard that size. I assume she is southern. (I hope using that term doesn't offend you. If so, I apologize)
My daughter and yes shes southern. She is usually the one that helps me skin the deer and she even helps skin the gators we catch and she baits her own hooks. I have a full time job keeping the boys ran off.

Jogeephus":2z8pxjgp said:
NMVaquero":2z8pxjgp said:
Whatever you did... It worked.
Real rain is falling here within the last hour.

It must be the edge of the cloud that's sprinkling rain on us now. You can have more if you want.

GB, if might be best if I just pull the wire so I don't get lost. Your directions are kindof shaky and if I pull the wire it will be like tossing down bread crumbs.

Yes please!

funny...we had drought last year....miserable hot and dry....
this year it has been so wet the guys have had terrible time getting wheat harvested and double crop beans in the ground....
when I say that I think the problems of excess moisture are preferable to the drought of last year....most of em look at me like I am crazy....their problems of the moment are more important than the misery of the past....

Thanks Jogee....

usa_None_anim.gif

...I'll try to keep the sunshine down your way for a while. ;-)

From the weather forecast today it looks like this loan program might just be working out good. Have great hay making weather the rest of this week assuming the ground will dry out enough to put the equipment in the field. The ground is so saturated at the moment the grass would never dry till some of this water goes somewhere.

Please remember this is just a loan.

.06" here in the last 48 hrs. That's about 10 drops.

My sceme to get all my post holes dug fer free ain't workin out...

Jogee you are awesome!

3 1/3 inches so far and it was direly needed. Lots of folks had started putting out hay already.

We are to the point that we have our driveway and our house and barn pad above water but everything else is covered, some places 2 feet deep. On top of that we have enough mosquitos to carry you away and 90 + degree heat every day. I am not complaining, just stating the facts.

Thank you Jo; just got a nice pop up shower here. Had one late yesterday afternoon as well. Hopefully the rain got to the farms and not just in town.

I'm glad you are getting some. I have more to send cause its only rained on me twice today and not three times like Friday. Am itching to cut some hay. Took delivery of a new tractor and hooked the mower to it. Ground was too wet to be mowing but I had to test her out and see how things worked. Got 200 yards in the hayfield and the engine light lit up. At first I thought it was the EPA emissions system - (DotGov needs to stay clear of equipment but that's another rant) - but it wasn't. Turns out the fan blew apart and trashed the radiator. While I'm sure this was an act of racism I cannot prove it but I know it was. Had to be. Pi$$ed doesn't come close to describing my feelings at this moment. Thankfully its under warranty and not my problem so I can go home tonight and wake up fresh in the morning and see what else is going to tear up so I can fix it too. :bang:

Jogeephus":1qead1c7 said:
I'm glad you are getting some. I have more to send cause its only rained on me twice today and not three times like Friday. Am itching to cut some hay. Took delivery of a new tractor and hooked the mower to it. Ground was too wet to be mowing but I had to test her out and see how things worked. Got 200 yards in the hayfield and the engine light lit up. At first I thought it was the EPA emissions system - (DotGov needs to stay clear of equipment but that's another rant) - but it wasn't. Turns out the fan blew apart and trashed the radiator. While I'm sure this was an act of racism I cannot prove it but I know it was. Had to be. Pi$$ed doesn't come close to describing my feelings at this moment. Thankfully its under warranty and not my problem so I can go home tonight and wake up fresh in the morning and see what else is going to tear up so I can fix it too. :bang:

I agree! I ts all of these color specific brands out there why cant it just be a tractor. why does everything have to be associated with a color.

Jogeephus":12zzpd2l said:
Took delivery of a new tractor and hooked the mower to it. Ground was too wet to be mowing but I had to test her out and see how things worked. Got 200 yards in the hayfield and the engine light lit up. At first I thought it was the EPA emissions system - (DotGov needs to stay clear of equipment but that's another rant) - but it wasn't. Turns out the fan blew apart and trashed the radiator. While I'm sure this was an act of racism I cannot prove it but I know it was. Had to be. Pi$$ed doesn't come close to describing my feelings at this moment. Thankfully its under warranty and not my problem so I can go home tonight and wake up fresh in the morning and see what else is going to tear up so I can fix it too. :bang:
My dad and I both got tired of running older tractors and equipment at about the same time so there's a bunch of newer stuff floating around... We're both convinced we were better off with the older stuff so at least we had an idea what was going to fall apart next. Once you get all the bugs worked out there's only so much left that can fall apart.
Last week it was the new Massey that wouldn't start after I parked it to make a fuel run. It took two mechanics the better part of a day to figure out that the connection that tells the tractor that the pto is on and won't let it start until you turn the pto off was a tad loose and telling the tractor that the pto was on. :mad: By then it was to late as once the ditch water is ordered you take it or you lose it.

Doesn't that safety stuff just drive you nuts?!!? If that's not good enough they add this new diesel burnout system to reduce my carbon footprint. Don't quite understand it all but what I hear is this system will heat up to like 1500F to burn the pollutants. This should be a treat when I'm sitting in a hay field with 12% moisture content in the hay. The way I see it is this is going to put me, my equipment and my crop at risk all so I can have a small carbon footprint when Obama can fly over to Africa and put out more pollutants than I could in 600 years on this single trip. Something just don't sound right to me.

Yep, seems like there was once a woman that did a lot of that stuff and "let them eat cake" were some of her last words before her head hit the basket.

Jogeephus":1tp8tb2n said:
Obama can fly over to Africa and put out more pollutants than I could in 600 years on this single trip.

I am both willing to compromise and be generous too. Buy him a kayak for water and a bicycle for land.

Latest posts