I'm not selfish

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks for sharing here too. Grass was turning a bit brown but we have had quick on and off showers this evening. Probably don't amount to much but they will help

We got three good rains today when it was only a 20% chance. If it does the same the rest of this week I'll be making baleage I guess but I really prefer the idea of becoming a rainmaker for a fee.

Inasmuch as you declined my contractual terms regarding the postholes--I mean small reservoirs, I am under zero obligation to either accept or return any moisture dropped on my property, and inasmuch as you have no moral or legal right to dispose of your excess on my property I immediately, forthwith, and posthaste demand you cease and desist your leaky delivery system over the property and thru the reserved airspace known as Greybeard's place. Your delivery apparatus is unstable, leaks like a seive and in it's daily route to the western areas whose inhabitants have contractual agreements with you, this inefficient fly by night (and day) piece of junk is dropping copious amounts of rainfall on my hay, my cowpen, as well as my lawn and my ditches are runeth over, road is washing out, generally making a mess of things and making egress and and ingress to my domicile difficult at best. In addition, this delivery apparatus of questionable origin has disrupted the atmospheric electrical balance, resulting in no less than 3 different instances of commercial electrical power interrptions in the general vicinity of North Cleveland, County of San Jacinto, State of Texas, putting at risk said inhabitant, his family, livestock, and all buildings, outbuildings, fences, and general safety and well being of each and all.
You have been served.

Jo I was just texting my buddy that's down there close to you and he said he'd had almost 30" since June 10. Until July 18 he had had 0" since June 1. On the 18th we got 1.2", it was sure nice. Hate to hear that y'all have had so much. That's got to be bad.

greybeard":2reviwg5 said:
Inasmuch as you declined my contractual terms regarding the postholes--I mean small reservoirs, I am under zero obligation to either accept or return any moisture dropped on my property, and inasmuch as you have no moral or legal right to dispose of your excess on my property I immediately, forthwith, and posthaste demand you cease and desist your leaky delivery system over the property and thru the reserved airspace known as Greybeard's place. Your delivery apparatus is unstable, leaks like a seive and in it's daily route to the western areas whose inhabitants have contractual agreements with you, this inefficient fly by night (and day) piece of junk is dropping copious amounts of rainfall on my hay, my cowpen, as well as my lawn and my ditches are runeth over, road is washing out, generally making a mess of things and making egress and and ingress to my domicile difficult at best. In addition, this delivery apparatus of questionable origin has disrupted the atmospheric electrical balance, resulting in no less than 3 different instances of commercial electrical power interrptions in the general vicinity of North Cleveland, County of San Jacinto, State of Texas, putting at risk said inhabitant, his family, livestock, and all buildings, outbuildings, fences, and general safety and well being of each and all.
You have been served.

Next time I'm down that way, we should have a beer together. :nod: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

jedstivers":38iib1yo said:
Jo I was just texting my buddy that's down there close to you and he said he'd had almost 30" since June 10. Until July 18 he had had 0" since June 1. On the 18th we got 1.2", it was sure nice. Hate to hear that y'all have had so much. That's got to be bad.

Jed, I don't know about 30 inches. Didn't think it was worth it to empty the gauge and get wet. At the moment I show only 5" even though its dropped about an inch every day for the last 20 something days. Including today.

greybeard":38iib1yo said:
You have been served.

GB, apparently you missed the small print in the contract where it stated I was irresponsible. In legal terms this means I am not responsible.

Jogeephus":1xms0b1i said:
Jed, I don't know about 30 inches. Didn't think it was worth it to empty the gauge and get wet. At the moment I show only 5" even though its dropped about an inch every day for the last 20 something days. Including today.

I'm confused--are we still discussing rain, or.........

Jogeephus":11dsk7bi said:
GB, apparently you missed the small print in the contract where it stated I was irresponsible. In legal terms this means I am not responsible.
I've been told in no uncertain terms that you are very knowledgeable and smart. I view this statement as just one more bit of legal wrangling applied as nothing more than a stall tactic.

I hope you are not implying that I am not irresponsible. To imply this is not only discriminatory but is a pristine example of racial profiling. Must I remind you that this used to be America and I have the right to be just as sorry and irresponsible as anyone of any race, color, creed, sexual orientation, sexual modification, sexual augmentation, and I know my rights.

Rights only apply in context of what a govt can or cannot do in regards to it's citizens.
"CONGRESS shall make no law..."

For all other applications, there is always a price to pay for negligence, dereliction, irresponsibility to duty, and abuse.

greybeard":2b1b2ofe said:
Rights only apply in context of what a govt can or cannot do in regards to it's citizens.
"CONGRESS shall make no law..."

For all other applications, there is always a price to pay for negligence, dereliction, irresponsibility to duty, and abuse.

I disagree. Buzzards do not eat their own and this law of nature applies both to attorneys and politicians. I'm neither but many of these said laws just do not apply to me because we reward irresponsibility and this is one of the rewards I reap by being not responsible. Its rained here for the last couple of hours and I shut it off and hope you are getting the deluge.

Mexican buzzards eat their own--alive and dead. Had one here hopping along the ground--just had one wing. 4 or 5 more landed nearby and gave him the once over then laid into him like an icecream sundae. He put up a good fight till they got both eyes.

greybeard":mv2ehxbd said:
Mexican buzzards eat their own--alive and dead. Had one here hopping along the ground--just had one wing. 4 or 5 more landed nearby and gave him the once over then laid into him like an icecream sundae. He put up a good fight till they got both eyes.

I think they do that just to kill the weak or injured. Like quail but I don't think they eat them. I actually know someone who intentionally shoots them in the lower gut to spill their innards so they can't fly and while they flop around others will come in to kill it and this makes for fun shooting but I have never seen them feed on the corpse. Of course, I would never do this because I am above such lowly underhanded non politically correct stuff such as this.

Two more rains today. You'd think with all this rain we've had my rain gauge would show more than five inches. :???: ;-)

You need to find a way to claim a loss on all that rain, otherwise the auditor will want to know what you did with it. Probably why you got "randomly" picked anyway. Just like they do with $$, there's probably some obscure IRS statute saying you are only allowed to give away so much rain in any given year, and even then you can only give it to close family members like your own documented children and grandchildren. I think you're in deep do-do Joe.
:2cents:

Its fixing to rain again! I'm getting pretty close to going back on my word and not complaining about the rain. I haven't seen this much rain in years. Its getting old and fast. I sure wish I could send it to whoever needed it.

Latest posts