I'm back...

Help Support CattleToday:

OwnedByTheCow

Reaction score
I know a few were asking for a update from my birthday post about how life has been going.

I have not been as active here as I would like to be however now that the summer is over I will be hoping to talk to more people here.

I have decided on the University of Wyoming for college and will be starting in January. I will be Majoring in Agriculture Education with a minor in Agriculture Communication and Leadership. I decided to take this semester off so that I got the chance to travel some. In August my parents and I went down to see Maryland, West Virginia and Pennsylvania. We then went for a short trip through Colorado and Wyoming to visit the college. They are all beautiful states and I'm so ready to be back there. Aside from finishing up with my 4-H commitments this summer I've gotten a few jobs fitting and showing for some higher up herds. In September I got to work and show at the World Dairy Expo. Which was a fantastic trip, I've never been to Wisconsin before but it's very pretty. That job has paid for much of next years tuition. 4 days after I got home I brought my Nana home to Florida. She flys back and forth each year, but as she gets older it's been harder for her. I spent a week with her in the Tampa Bay area. My last trip for the year was this month. I got to compete in Dairy Handling at the FFA National Convention in Indianapolis. For the last 4 months my bags have been constantly packed and always going somewhere.

I got gifted a first year 4-Her to mentor this year, which I love greatly. Although it has doubled my workload of training and showing. She is a very hard worker and she loves her new little calf named Pumpkin Pie. The calf is as round as she is tall.

I'm very excited about how things have been going. I got offered a full-time job in Ontario for a show herd and if things in my life were different I would be taking it. I'm glad to be settled for now and get the chance to check back in with everyone!
I hope everyone has been doing good! These are some of my favorite pictures from my summer.

The college reads and looks good. You made a great choice...

http://www.uwyo.edu/uwag/college-overview/departments/index.html

animalscience-box.png

Sounds like you are doing pretty awesome. Beautiful pictures. Enjoy your time at Uni - they are the best years of your life.

After that it's just taxes and arthritis.

So glad to see the update. Hope you have a great time out west!!!!! Enjoy the college experience, and hope that you like and do well in your classes. Don't forget WARM CLOTHES; they get alot more COLD WIND out there than in NH and VT. Keep us up to date.

Good luck with your school. Education in Agriculture and centered around agriculture at the college level is a great thing. I have heard great things about Wyoming's Ag major programs.

Latest posts