If you think your job is bad....

Help Support CattleToday:

Maineshowgirl

Reaction score
I would have to say the worst job there must be on earth is subbing as a teacher. I sub when they call well yesterday they called an needed me so I went in. I subbed a class of 2nd graders what the world coming too. They are SOOOOO BAD!!!!!!! They flip each other off and the only thing they get is sent to the office. Its sad to think what the worlds coming to we live in a very small town all we have is a school and a few gas stations and a four way stop, if their that bad from a small town oh gosh what about the big citys. Lord help us all.

" A good friend will bail u out of jail , but a true friend will be setting next to u saying we screwed up but we had fun"

"Oooooooh,give me back those days"-Robbyn Thompson Band. When they expelled God from school,a very bad thing happened.Our elementary school principal was a good man-fair and good to the kids so long as they tried to behave but if you crossed that line ,ouch

what ever happend to gettin your butt busted ;-)

" A good friend will bail u out of jail , but a true friend will be setting next to u saying we screwed up but we had fun"

i feel the need to apologize. my class has got to be the worst on record. for as long as i can remember we've made every sub cry. we even make our regular teachers cry. all our teachers have told us that we're the worst class they've ever taught in their X number of year's teaching.

if they were givin each other the bird you can guarentee that they were giving you the bird behind your back.

funny thing is, i want to be an ag teacher. but i sure in the heck aint gonna be teaching no elementary. yucky.

good luck next time.

I have been a sub. teacher for 5 years.
There are classes and campuses that
I turn down sub. jobs for behavior or
lack of behavior reasons.
R.T.

Maineshowgirl":29cq5fxk said:
I would have to say the worst job there must be on earth is subbing as a teacher. I sub when they call well yesterday they called an needed me so I went in. I subbed a class of 2nd graders what the world coming too. They are SOOOOO BAD!!!!!!! They flip each other off and the only thing they get is sent to the office. Its sad to think what the worlds coming to we live in a very small town all we have is a school and a few gas stations and a four way stop, if their that bad from a small town oh gosh what about the big citys. Lord help us all.

My Wife tells me stories about school everyday.WHERE ARE THE PARENTS???Better yet,where are morals? These kids have got to pick all this trash up from their Parents, Siblings etc., and this is a little country school.

Used to be when I was a kid there were 4 or 5 families in the entire country that were trash. Now there's 4 or 5 thousand.I dont think things will ever change for the better, just get worse. This Country is in trouble.

I went to my daughters school just last week and had lunch with both of them. 2nd grad and kindergarten. I didn't see any of the kids in the cafeteria acting up much. A couple times the kids would start horse playing and the monitors would go over to them and tell them to stop and that was the end of it. Its a public school and I have very few complaints.

Walt

cattleluvr18":z2plu2u6 said:
i feel the need to apologize. my class has got to be the worst on record. for as long as i can remember we've made every sub cry. we even make our regular teachers cry. all our teachers have told us that we're the worst class they've ever taught in their X number of year's teaching.

if they were givin each other the bird you can guarentee that they were giving you the bird behind your back.

funny thing is, i want to be an ag teacher. but i sure in the heck aint gonna be teaching no elementary. yucky.

good luck next time.

Cattleluvr/Kelly

In 1968 my English class made our teacher cry. 12th grade. And she was a nun. You ain't half as bad as you think you are. :lol:

I must admit that I was a little put off with high school students initially, but on the whole I find them to be a polite and fairly easily managed group. Not just my students. A lot of my kids are mainstreamed and you have to accompany them to regular classes. I have seen classes that were really bad, but that was usually the teacher had no stones at all. If I were a kid, I'd make fun of her, too.

Good teachers have good classes. And when I say good, I think I may mean adults who are comfortable in their own skin around kids. That isn't something everyone can feel. I have met some teachers who don't like kids. And I ask myself why they teach? Surely summers off isn't a good enough reason to do a job you hate?

Subs are the same way. As the kids get to know you, they settle down because they know what to expect. Believe me, teachers will not reuse a sub who performed badly. Not around here, anyway.

It's just a crazy time in life. I don't think the kids know how to deal with their energies very well at times. Like when it is time to sit down and concentrate!

Rudeness is another matter and should not be tolerated at all.

I was a sub teacher for 6 years when my babies were little. I loved doing it. I can;t imaging being brought to tears by a bunch of smart mouth, disrespectful brats. The biggest problem I saw was when kids got into trouble for whatever, and the parents came to school and raised it with administration or the teachers. I think we should go to bat for our kids when they need it ~ sometimes they do. I also think we should take a bat to our kids if they need it ~ sometimes they do ;-) .

That being said, I worked strictly with high school students. Was the best job I ever had. Most of them were fabulous. Most of the naughty freshmen matured into really great kids by 11th-12th grade.

Latest posts