If you could choose

Help Support CattleToday:

Well you limited it to the US...But we still own a place outside Cochabamba, Bolivia. Going there in a few weeks to visit my cousin who has leased it for over 20 years. Almost springtime there year round and good fertile ground. Haven't been there but once since we left when I was 7. Might consider moving down there if I was 20-25 years younger.

Hook, I hope your not to close to the airport. A friend of mine had 40ac of land between the airport and Lake Nona. The city took his property using eminent domain, paid him agriculture prices for it, and now its zoned for industrial use. Go figure, use to be a great hunting spot.

backhoeboogie":vigyx3qr said:
South-East Oklahoma is where a lot of folks are headed based on land price etc. You can sell a place here and buy one about 6 times larger there.

Oklahoma has my vote, you have family there, right?

Highgrit, I'm on the north side of orlando area. Between orl and daytona.
My sis is in ok for now, but with her husband being air force, its not a permanent station

ANAZAZI":drncromz said:
backhoeboogie":drncromz said:
South-East Oklahoma is where a lot of folks are headed based on land price etc. You can sell a place here and buy one about 6 times larger there.

Oklahoma has my vote, you have family there, right?

A whole lot of distant family. Cousins are the closest kin.

Some folks I work with bought a big place 3 years back. I took a small slice of it but I turned it to another peer a few months later. Probably should have kept it.

Well, we can't pick Virginia because some knuckle head apparently gave cpinz the key to the place and he's "locking the gates" (as if..).
Snow is over rated, but 4 seasons sure are nice.

He** no cowman...too hot and look at what's happened with the drought as of late

Gale Seddon":1o90hwe6 said:
angie, not to worry....there's room on THIS side of the mountains.
Well he is on your side of the mountain already. :lol: Well almost, on top. But there is plenty of room in the far southwest VA. Land is reasonable, very few bugs, hardly any snakes, rarely snows, 4 seasons. And me to trade cows with. :lol: :lol:

Gale Seddon":2wpbftsu said:
angie, not to worry....there's room on THIS side of the mountains.

Gale, you can have her. We've got our fill of nitwit Yanks already. Though she probably would be of good use, propping up some of the leaning houses down your way...

You guys have any damage from the earthquake?

Quite frankly, if it weren't for the few friends and family members that I tolerate, I could leave Virginia and never come back. The older I get, the less use I have for this place.

My choices of the next place to live, and the reasons why, are so:

NE Kansas - gorgeous land and grass.

SW Missouri - friendliest people.

Wyoming - fewest people.

cfpinz said:
Quite frankly, if it weren't for the few friends and family members that I tolerate, I could leave Virginia and never come back. The older I get, the less use I have for this place.

Im right the opposite i guess,, the older i get, the more i love this place...its home, want to die here...not today though ..............plus im socially unacceptable :cowboy:

Latest posts