If I move to the middle of nowhere will it stop????

Help Support CattleToday:

~

he only has 3 legs - he'd make somebody a better house dog

I have a rescued three legged Red Bone Coonhound that is faster than my dogs with 4 legs.

He is lighter, takes up less space in the truck and the couch, can run around more acerage in less time than my other dogs and "flys" up the 15 stairs to the back deck in a blink.

Seems to be MUCH more agile than before he lost his leg.
He also can reach things farther up on the counter.

We got a 3 legged calf at work too, but thats another story.....

Someone dropped off a tame kitten last year. I was walking my donkey colt, (he was rescued, too), down the driveway when I heard what sounded almost like a bird noise but not quite... I called,"Kitty, kitty?" and all heck broke loose. Frantic mewing answered me and out of the bushes tumbled a skinny, black kitten. She sat at my donkey's feet and let out a big, urgent "MEW!" as if pleading her case to him. Well, what do you do. So I scooped her up and took her to the vet's where she was wormed, spayed and vaccinated. We THOUGHT we could find her another home. Then, my husband named her. The vet had already talked us into another kitten only a few months before. Now, there were two. They have turned out to be excellent playmates and buddies, so it was meant to be. I should mention that they are indoor kitties. Too many foxes around.

One of our dogs was rescued from the pound one day before the "long walk". He was 1 and 1/2 years old, unnuetered, white, 50 pound mutt that requires grooming. No wonder folks overlooked him. But, he is also the best dang farm dog you'll ever find.

Our other dog is a blue heeler that was almost dead when I found her. I had to give her sugar water that first night to perk her up because she was so behind on nutrients and chilled to the bone. By the second day, she kept down soaked kibble. Another vet bill. Very good dog, now. Probably papered, but who cares out here... :roll:

Where exactly is the middle of nowhere?

I have been to some pretty remote far off places but I haven't found the middle of nowhere yet. Just curious.

About 5 years back there was this really big hunting dog that showed up at my Gradma's house. She went out to the wash room that morning before going to feed calves and found him asleep . He was so sweet and good around all the stock. He would go everywhere I went, but that same night he just went off. Hope he found where he lived.

We got all of our cats that way beside one of them it was gave to us. One of our dogs was a left behind by its previous owner. Come to find out he is a full blooded boarder collie. The animal control people came by our neighborhood to pick him up. My sweet husband, BrianL(fellow member) would not let them take the dog (thank goodness). He is a member of the family and his name is Lucky. We would love to make him a cattle dog but we don't know if he can do. Any help on that one??? We just keep the dropoffs, and take care of them, because we would hate to have animal control take them and possibly have them put to sleep. None of my family would be able to live with that possibility.

I live in the middle of nowhere,or further out,and NO it does not stop.. :( They will find you,there is a big blinking neon sign visiable only to dogs and cats in need saying "Kindley sucker here,all come." There's one over my place also.. :help:

peg4x4":3flwqvud said:
I live in the middle of nowhere,or further out,and NO it does not stop.. :( They will find you,there is a big blinking neon sign visiable only to dogs and cats in need saying "Kindley sucker here,all come." There's one over my place also.. :help:

I know the feeling we had 3 dogs dropped pff 3 months ago we couldnt keep them cause i have enough already. They dont drop off cats anymore though :D (watch there will be one here tomorrow)

Dave":1i0qjnm6 said:
Where exactly is the middle of nowhere?

I have been to some pretty remote far off places but I haven't found the middle of nowhere yet. Just curious.

I think Torrington, Wyoming comes very close to qualifying! As I've been told many, many times since I moved back here - Torrington isn't the end of the world, but you can sure see it from here! :lol: :lol:

One of my dogs is three-legged. He does his share of the 'cattle work' just as well as the two 4 legged dogs.

We have a cat named "mouse" that is a drop off. I was driving out of the drive way one day when I thought that I saw a dead mouse at the end.

Turned out to be a less than 1 week old kitten. So, a few kitty bottles and many sleepless nights later,she is the best darn barn cat anyone could ask for.

Our other cat 'Sasha' came before mouse. Found her worm infested and on 'death row' at the local humane society. She is the best HOUSE cat ever. I call her name and she comes runnin, she waits by the door when I come home, and growls at visitors. (I think she thinks she is a dog...)

All of our 'cow dogs' are mutts found at the humane society, our neighbor has a purebred catahuola (or somthin along those lines) that came from 'champion bred working ranch dogs' that can even compare to my boys. :D

We dont really have a drop-off problem. Although, I found a bucket full of puppies last summer that had their necks broken. Saddest thing ever. Contacted the human society, they couldnt do anything about it. If I ever find out who did that, ther WILL be HEL! to pay!

We had somebody drop off a pair of rottweiler, sorry folks those had to go to the local pound, couldn't take the chance of them biting my kids. I hate people who drop off animals, I imagine they think because we live in the country whats one more animal?

I wonder is that where all my cats came from-lol

Gail