If I move to the middle of nowhere will it stop????

Help Support CattleToday:

mdmdogs3

Reaction score

Had a puppy about 6 weeks old show up on the driveway this evening - poor little thing was dirty, nothing but bones and hair, and about 9 million ticks... and the best part... it was born with no left rear leg below the knee...

Someday I'm gonna catch someone in the act of dumping out puppies like this :mad: :mad: :mad:

It's sick! For a small fee all pets could be spayed or neutered. It is better than putting them in a plastic bag and dumping them in the stream as some people used to do. SAD!

aaww i would kill to take in a little pup like that. its so sad, but i love to see them healthy again. we had a little pup that was born without a leg. the most sweetest thing in the world. it would still be alive today if dad would have let her be in the house. i hope this is a dumb question, but your takin the poor thing in right? or atleast fixin it up and then givin it to a shelter or soemthing?? please tell me you helped it.

Our old farm was down a dirt road with the nearest neighbors about 3 miles away. A couple of times a month we would end up with dropoffs.

mdmdogs3":34pyi7mu said:

No. In fact, it will probably just get worse.

Had a puppy about 6 weeks old show up on the driveway this evening - poor little thing was dirty, nothing but bones and hair, and about 9 million ticks... and the best part... it was born with no left rear leg below the knee...

Someday I'm gonna catch someone in the act of dumping out puppies like this :mad: :mad: :mad:

When you do, please call me......I would love to have a piece of them! ;-)

I've been around dogs all my life. Several different breeds mostly registered for sell. My mother still does that.

The best dog I ever had was a "drop off". Her name was Angel. She died after she got a hold of some chicken bones.

I miss her.

Second best was a Red bone hound I bought at a flea market for $25.

Jumper was a good dog too.

Wewild":3vj5mmsv said:
The best dog I ever had was a "drop off". Her name was Angel. She died after she got a hold of some chicken bones.

I miss her.

That's the way it usually works. I'm sorry. :(

There is not a day that I don't miss my Cia Marie. Wewild, I forgot something in my response - :heart: for Angel. :)

Wewild":2w62q5kp said:
I've been around dogs all my life. Several different breeds mostly registered for sell. My mother still does that.

I miss her.

We have a "drop off "dog named angel also, she is 14

What is worse is cats. We had several drop off cats that my neighbor fed. Problem was she should have taken them in to be spayed. They were to wild for her to catch. In a couple of years she was feeding over 30, as they multiply like rats. There were no more birds in the area and even the squrel population was affected. I had a little talk with her and we agreed that we needed to cure the problem. All I will tell you is there are no more cats near me other than couple of nutered pets.

I hear ya nova.. we get cats dropped off all the time..and at least 2-3 times a year dogs are dropped off.. usually pregnant, or puppies. I had a dog for 10 years that was dropped off, and its pads were almost bleeding when he came up to our house. We took him in, and he was one of the best "farm" dogs we ever had. He died three weeks ago..

Yall have it light. In my heaviest year, we gave away 22 dogs and puppys that were dumped on the property, kept two adult dogs ourselves, and I probably killed six that either were too mange infested and starved to likely ever recover or were running loose and wouldn't come up for feed.

the puppy is off to the animal shelter
we already have 9 dogs (3 rescues) not one of which is a real working dog (don't tell the Jack Russell I said that :) )

he looks to be at least part border collie and we've been talking about getting a cattle dog but... he only has 3 legs - he'd make somebody a better house dog

A friend of mine is cat CRAZY. She lives next to Wal Mart so she gets a lot of cats. She has a live trap in the yard and everything she catches gets "fixed" immediatly. She said she has had 28 done since 2000. She has 10 outside cats and 4 inside. She's a cat magnet.

Latest posts