Idaman

Help Support CattleToday:

Wow, I just finished reading this and didn't even realize the man had passed away or how old the post were until I had came to the end. Its good when you can hear older folks talk about there experiences in life and even better when its in writing. Its like a piece of them lives on through the writings. I always enjoyed hearing my grandparents talk about how things were when they were kids or hearing the stories of my friends grandpa when he was in WW-2 and fighting overseas as well as Korean conflict. Its never lost if its shared and sometimes when we share our own life and stories it lives on as that person shares it with there friends or family. Condolences to Idaman's family as well as a Big Thank You to him for sharing these treasured memories :)

Fans of Idaman will be happy to know that a book compiling his posts is in the works. It's been a labor of love over several years as it has had to fit around my schedule, but we're almost ready to send it to a publisher.

If you would like to be notified when it's available, please email me at [email protected]. I made this offer several years ago but was way too early, so I have lost track of requests that came at that time. If you would be so kind as to send again, that would be good.

gbrumbelow":xifn9vln said:
Fans of Idaman will be happy to know that a book compiling his posts is in the works. It's been a labor of love over several years as it has had to fit around my schedule, but we're almost ready to send it to a publisher.

If you would like to be notified when it's available, please email me at [email protected]. I made this offer several years ago but was way too early, so I have lost track of requests that came at that time. If you would be so kind as to send again, that would be good.

Hey that's great!

Thanks for the follow-up.

I am looking forward to it... I wish the pics posted on this thread were still available to us...

This my first time through this thread and I am looking forward to the book. My condolences to Idaman's family. It sounds like he lived though and had his priorities straight. Hopefully we all will be so fortunate!

Chocolate Cow":mb1qd5h5 said:
HDRider-me too-I was sorry the pictures and videos weren't available.

What was meant by "in the temple" when he spoke about Anxiety 4th?
Means up there with the high priests..a hall of fame type bull. One to aspire to.

Here's a quick update about the Idaman book, referenced earlier in this thread.

Mrs. Idaman signed a contract with a publisher in August. It has been moving up in the queue and we have been told to expect publication sometime in 2018, hopefully the first half.

Idaman would be so pleased to see that his thread has continued to generate interest. Thanks for reading. I wanted everyone to have this update about the book.

gbrumbelow":q8vm8gre said:

Mrs. Idaman signed a contract with a publisher in August. It has been moving up in the queue and we have been told to expect publication sometime in 2018, hopefully the first half.

Idaman would be so pleased to see that his thread has continued to generate interest. Thanks for reading. I wanted everyone to have this update about the book.

That's great news!! When this does happen, please let us know what the title is.

Thanks for the update. :wave:

Workinonit Farm":uhjms5ku said:
gbrumbelow":uhjms5ku said:

That's great news!! When this does happen, please let us know what the title is.

Thanks for the update. :wave:

Sure will. The working title is "Mountain Ranch at the End of the Road: Horses, Cows, Guns and Grizzlies in the Canadian Wilderness" but that may change.

Actually, if anyone who has read the thread wants to contribute ideas for the title, please feel free.

HDRider":32h77y3v said:
A Ranch Life Well Lived

Thanks, HDRider. You just gave me a wild and crazy idea. I kind of like my working title, but the publisher has a big say in the matter, of course. And the readers of this thread have a stake in this book, too.

So here's what we're going to do. Anybody with a title idea please share it, and if your title is chosen, I'll give you a free copy of Idaman's book. :cboy:

gbrumbelow":1rmyorol said:
HDRider":1rmyorol said:
A Ranch Life Well Lived

Thanks, HDRider. You just gave me a wild and crazy idea. I kind of like my working title, but the publisher has a big say in the matter, of course. And the readers of this thread have a stake in this book, too.

So here's what we're going to do. Anybody with a title idea please share it, and if your title is chosen, I'll give you a free copy of Idaman's book. :cboy:
Great idea.

I got another one - The Old Man and the Ranch -

R V":1h3b2szk said:
This my first time through this thread and I am looking forward to the book. My condolences to Idaman's family. It sounds like he lived though and had his priorities straight. Hopefully we all will be so fortunate!
I don't know if any of us have got it in us,, to live with cattle 24/7 like he did..he was a dedicated soul...

Latest posts