Idaman

Help Support CattleToday:

It occurs to me to mention that the book does have lots of pictures, but it does not include a lot of Idaman's pictures of individual specimens. Such pictures were a big part of Idaman's posts and I'm not sure what happened to them. Didn't want to raise expectations about those pictures only to have someone order the book and then be disappointed.

I joined CT after this thread came along. I had never seen it nor read it. It was with great enthusiasm and enjoyment that I read it over the last week. Wow. What stories. This man who I never met really LIVED life. And what a life he lived. I look forward with much anticipation to the opportunity to read his book.

Notice came in my email last night. The book is ready. It can be ordered here:

The book is now available at https://www.hancockhouse.com/collections/newly-released-forthcoming/products/mountain-ranch-at-the-end-of-the-road

Enjoy!

Gary Brumbelow

I haven't been on this website for years. I just sat down with my 11 year old son and told him about this incredible thread. I was so happy when I read there's a book out. I just ordered it. :banana:

Chocolate Cow2 said:
Notice came in my email last night. The book is ready. It can be ordered here:

The book is now available at https://www.hancockhouse.com/collections/newly-released-forthcoming/products/mountain-ranch-at-the-end-of-the-road

Enjoy!

Gary Brumbelow

Ordered it almost 2 weeks ago. haven't seen or heard anything...Any updates?

gbrumbelow said:
It occurs to me to mention that the book does have lots of pictures, but it does not include a lot of Idaman's pictures of individual specimens. Such pictures were a big part of Idaman's posts and I'm not sure what happened to them. Didn't want to raise expectations about those pictures only to have someone order the book and then be disappointed.

A lot of the original pictures by Mr. Hook in this CT thread were originally hosted at Rancher's.net.
M Gravlee may be able to recover them so they are still visible here in this thread.

This is the url (a link to one of the missing pictures)..
originally captioned:
A nice string from a lake near Relay.
(I assume they were fish..........or maybe a string of horses?

As you can see, they were available on Rancher's hosting app.
Contact Mr. Gravlee or Mod2 and maybe the photos can be restored back into the thread....

Just want to remind everyone that the sale price will be going away soon. To order, to to https://www.hancockhouse.com/collections/newly-released-forthcoming/products/mountain-ranch-at-the-end-of-the-road

Even the full price is a sweet deal compared to Amazon at $34.95.

The Amazon "Look inside" shows the table of contents and many of the pages.

The book has lots of pictures that never showed up at Idaman's blog, pictures of the operation, the land, the family, hands, etc.

As with every blog, Idaman wandered around telling his stories. The book brings the material together into eight chapters that tell the same stories but in a new, very readable and enjoyable fashion.

Enjoy!

gbrumbelow said:
Just want to remind everyone that the sale price will be going away soon. To order, to to https://www.hancockhouse.com/collections/newly-released-forthcoming/products/mountain-ranch-at-the-end-of-the-road

The book has lots of pictures that never showed up at Idaman's blog, pictures of the operation, the land, the family, hands, etc.

As with every blog, Idaman wandered around telling his stories. The book brings the material together into eight chapters that tell the same stories but in a new, very readable and enjoyable fashion.

Enjoy!

So when do those of us who ordered it at least 2 weeks ago expect to see the book?....

3waycross said:
gbrumbelow said:

Enjoy!

So when do those of us who ordered it at least 2 weeks ago expect to see the book?....

Release date says March 25th. That is the date that was on there sight when I ordered my copy.

I think it originally showed an earlier release date that was later moved back to allow for another review (which did not materialize), but yes, it has showed Mar 25 for some time now. The publisher confirmed that date to me just a few days ago, so your orders should be shipping very soon now.

Thanks for your patience.

Yes, I got my copies today, too!

I hope everyone enjoys the book.

By the way, True Grit Farms, your avatar photo reminds me of one of my favorite stories about Idaman. He said he always ordered his steaks blueline rare. On a cattlemen's blog, this may be a familiar term, but just in case … When I asked him what that meant, he said, "You know the USDA approved seal they stamp on a hanging carcass? The blue ink? If you can't see that, the steak is overdone." :cowboy:

gbrumbelow said:
Yes, I got my copies today, too!

I hope everyone enjoys the book.

By the way, True Grit Farms, your avatar photo reminds me of one of my favorite stories about Idaman. He said he always ordered his steaks blueline rare. On a cattlemen's blog, this may be a familiar term, but just in case … When I asked him what that meant, he said, "You know the USDA approved seal they stamp on a hanging carcass? The blue ink? If you can't see that, the steak is overdone." :cowboy:

I've never heard blueline rare. I like that term better than M5's extra extra rare.

Anyone who has ordered and read Tom's book, if you want to put a plug here to encourage others to buy, that would be great. It would be a fitting tribute to Idaman.

The proceeds go to Idaman's family.

Some may feel "now that I've read the blog, why do I need to read the book?" One answer: the arrangement of the posts completely changes the experience of reading. Another: you see lots of pictures of the ranch, the family, hands, etc.

On a related note: thanks to everyone who spoke so highly of Idaman's thread. Your comments were one of the factors in finding a publisher! :clap:

Latest posts