Idaman

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman":bjbcvp4r said:
I feel priviledged to have known him if only thru this forum and I feel the world has lost a truly good person and a great knowledge of the cattle world
our deepest sympathies for his family and friends that knew him well
He will be greatly missed and he leaves a hole in this world that can never be filled
Now he is tending to the lords herd in the sky with all of the other great cowmen that have passed before him
God Bless
Amen, Idamans thread was by far the most interesting I have ever read on any forum. A gracious and humble man. I wish I would have had the honor to meet him in person. May God bless his family and watch over them in this time of loss. He will be missed.

Wow.........I don't know what to say but Praise God! I'm sure ya'll will miss this man dearly. We can only rest assured that we will see him soon and he will finish telling his stories ! I feel blessed to have had him share his wisdom and experiences here with all of us. God bless his family today and the days to come.

Well, thats about the last thing I wanted to read. Our thoughts, and prayers are with his family and friends.

My heard is crushed :( . This thread is one I always looked forward to when I saw a new post.

RESPECT. I can not tell you the amount of respect I have for that man.

My prayers go out to the Family!

Life is tenuous at best-if anybody brings the cowboy's prayer to mind it was Idaman-just thankful we got to share some of his adventures.

May sincere condolensces to Connie and family! I know they will miss Tom Greatly. Time and lots of good memories will ease the pain.

What terrible news to read this morning, I have enjoyed reading his entries, one of the best threads ever. God bless his family and Idaman for sharing parts of his life with us.

Alan

Upon this life you will find that one person
who's hand you want to shake
Who has through the travels of life
finds the humor and joy
That brings laughter and knowlegde
for all to share

We will miss you Idaman for all
those things
But you have found a greater joy
and we will see you soon.

Very sad news indeed, I was so looking forward to seeing his progress with those unique bloodline cows he bought and flushed, hope someone can continue his work and ideals. Everyone from Hoekland Herefords have the Hook family in our thoughts and prayers.

Northern Rancher":7ce9mrf8 said:
Life is tenuous at best-if anybody brings the cowboy's prayer to mind it was Idaman-just thankful we got to share some of his adventures.
thats for sure, and for some, including me.. as close to a real cowboy/ cattleman as you can get, i figure we are the lucky one's. but what away to go still doing what you loved
:hat:

I am about as far removed from Idaman's world as possible, yet I greatly enjoyed his stories and observations and especially his unselfish sharing of them.

Condolences to his family.

Jim

Sad news indeed. I don't think he was active on these boards very long; but he wrote just about his entire memoirs on here one post at a time (including a lot of pictures). I will admit that I didn't always agree with his opinions, but I respected the mind (and considerable experience) behind those opinions. IF somebody has a lot of time on their hands, some experience as a editor, and considerable patience and ability it would be really cool if they could put that into an ebook for the family. It is almost like he knew his time was running out and he took the time to write everything he could down.

I briefly got to meet Mr Hooks a year ago what a sad day God Bless.

Latest posts