I was afraid this was going to happen

Help Support CattleToday:

From all I am reading ethanol is on the move in a big way and appears to be the wave of the future. It's about time. I think we will pay a little more for corn even with corporate owned acreage which will come on line.

Oil imports and fuel prices are severally impacting our economy and will become even a greater burden until we can replace a large % of it with our own products.

We should have had an agreement in place with Iraq to repay our war costs with low priced oil. Huummm.

aplusmnt":2fov04i4 said:
Crowderfarms":2fov04i4 said:
Just about all ingredients took a hit in the last couple weeks.

Aplus, the only protection you might consider would be to "Book" your Feed ahead of time for "X" number of tons,to try and guarantee a set price.

Would this be a bad time to do this? Think they will come down in near future? When is best time of year to lock in prices?

We do not buy that much feed, only show calves get any. But we might be feeding out around 6 show calves this year which would be a couple tons a month.

Some booking may still be going on now, but most agreements or contracting was done by the end of September.Figures, fuel comes down a little, ingredients/commodities become unsteady.

Latest posts