Was a cool -10 morning.

Help Support CattleToday:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
First of our April calving purebreds calved. Seller not impressed with preg tester. We were supposed to get their lates. Another three before first of March I am thinking. 87 lb bull calf. Easy pull. Will leave intact until May and see if he is good enough to leave.EC6AE676-2613-43C0-AF56-F307BE37DF02.jpeg170E3540-C331-4F7D-AAB1-47112FAA8A63.jpeg

Glad it's doing ok, looks like the pair are off to a good start, in a good place after the initial hiccup.
I've had several experiences with preg checks being a couple months off both early and late.
Had one vet call some heifers open, and had them rechecked by another vet a month or so later and they were bred the same length as the ones the first vet deemed bred yet he missed those.
It's 65 here this morning and wind is pretty strong.

Last edited:
Glad it's doing ok, looks like the pair are off to a good start, in a good place after the initial hiccup.
I've had several experiences with preg checks being a couple months off both early and late.
Had one vet call some heifers open, and had them rechecked by another vet a month or so later and they were bred the same length as the ones the first vet deemed bred yet he missed those.
It's 65 here this morning and wind is pretty strong.
We are all human for sure. Our old vet and the current one were and are very accurate. Both have an Achilles heel that we have learn in calling late cows June 1 they will nearly all be two weeks earlier. During the start of BSE and before all the cockroaches put in so many rules, I was butchering our open cows and selling by the quarter to any who wanted tough chewing beef or good burger. They tested just as open when I checked them as when the vet did.

About 40F here with same wind.