I think my 2 calves have lice?? HELP!!

Help Support CattleToday:

AALivestock

Reaction score
I think my 2 calves have lice! If they do it just showed up! There little grey bugs all over them!

126473294.jpg

Can I get it from them?

Can my goats get it from them?

Can my horses get it from them?

What do I do?

I will try and take a picture of what it looks like!!!

Any info would be great!
Andrea :?:

Dust them with a de-lice powder, pour de-lice on their mothers now and again in 2-3weeks.

Wormer will only get the active lice not the eggs. Pour-on wormer or a lice product is probably not recommended for a calf that young.

Andrea I think you have some good advice here but the answer to your other questions is yes lice can be spread to other animals. It's nothing too worry about though just treat the calves and they will be fine. I have used a pour on called "Clean Up" that is specifically for lice and it works great. Check with your feed store.

The goats probably gave the calf the lice. I have some goats that I use to clean up brush and unwanted plants in the pastures (sticker bushes, poison ivy..ect) I run them in after the cows are done, man those goats can eat anything. I have to treat them for lice every other month with sevin dust.

Have had good long term lice control by first killing adult lice with pour-on ivermectin or dust along with application of a pyrethroid fly tag. By killing the existing lice, the fly tags are able to control new infestations thru the winter.

Regards

Brock

Latest posts