I need some encouragement

Help Support CattleToday:

Any live being can an will cause you trouble.
Just get married to test this out.
The trouble never comes at a convenient time its always when you are dressed up with somewhere to go or something to do.
If that wasnt a big enough deal about the time you get that figured out, start to make alittle money ole bess dies leaving you with a hungry calf and a dead cow to bury or haul off.
Combine that with prices that could and may drop at any given moment. Well if you really thought about it NO ONE in their right mind would ever own a cow. But many do, and some make money doing it?????

If you have to think about it please dont do it.
And if you dont think about and you do it, please dont tell me about it.

MD

A dozen times a year it seems the wife says "Explain to me again why we do this". But after all these years she couldn;t imagine waht life would be like without having the cows around, even if it's only a few.

dun

Only advise is to "search" and read every post from Bez on the subject. Alot of folks have made some really good posts as well.
Good luck...
I like to tell folks that as long as the cows keep bringing in a few $$$ I won't have to get a town job.
Dmc

Cabo":1zdp9k3u said:
warpaint":1zdp9k3u said:
Okay, here goes.

Possibly the dirtiest, hottest in summer, coldest in winter, frustrating, when an old cantankerous cow won't go where you want her to go, backbreaking, bloody at times, get you out of the bed at all hours, most rewarding thing I've ever done in my life, and I love it!

Like the others have said before me, you got to want it. :cboy:
Hey, WP, what happened to the seegar?

What seegar?

I remember my first meeting the local extension agent shortly after purchasing my farm. It was a lengthy meeting as I knew nothing about farming with many questions coming from my side & just as many or more answers & responses from him. As we were beginning to wrap up & began to part company, he said that I had failed to ask the most important question - how much money could I expect to make. I said it never crossed my mind - I just knew I wanted to do it. It was a lifestyle decission not a monitary one.

So my advise is the same as all those great posts before me - if you don't have the passion, best stay out. If you have the passion, then the rest will take care of itself. Although my kids are not likely not to follow in the farm life, their exceptional work ethic comes from life on the farm as does their independence & self confidence. They can tackle anything while many of their peers are helpless when it comes to doing things on their own.

warpaint":27aekhln said:
Cabo":27aekhln said:
warpaint":27aekhln said:
Okay, here goes.

Possibly the dirtiest, hottest in summer, coldest in winter, frustrating, when an old cantankerous cow won't go where you want her to go, backbreaking, bloody at times, get you out of the bed at all hours, most rewarding thing I've ever done in my life, and I love it!

Like the others have said before me, you got to want it. :cboy:
Hey, WP, what happened to the seegar?

What seegar?
The one in the first post, "He's Back" in the Coffe Shop

I agree with consensus here. If ya be needin encouragement, stay as far away from cattle as ya can.

Very good points made here. A good description of owning cows which I heard a while back is that it is like you or your wife being pregnant _ALL_ the time!!! :D :D

Latest posts