I Love My Camera!

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
We've had this video camera in the barn for about 4 years now. I love it! We can watch them calve, decide if we need to interfere or not, and never have to go in and bug them! This is heifer #227. The first calf of this season (well we've got 3 already, but they were ones we bought).

I brought her in at 11pm, she calved at 11:58 and the calf was up by 12:15 am...

Birth

Trying..

On it's feet

Very cool! My sister uses cameras on all her mares. She can flip back and forth on her TV to check on them. Nice to check on them and not even get out of bed at night!

Love my cameras too, right now in the barn:

photo.PNG

plumber_greg":1ayvmqqk said:
Been wantin' one, looking around. My question, do you gotta' leave the lights on to be able to see? gs
Nope, the video from last night was in the dark, all the light we leave on is a little 'night light' and what filters in from the yard light through the daylight panels we have on the one side. The cameras have Infrared lights which see for a limited distance, depends on the camera.

And here's what the barn looks like this morning. 2 heifers overnight. One by herself and one had to have help. There are no lights on in there just the daylight panels that are letting the light in.

I bought a crappy night vision camera ($25)... doesn't quite have the range or resolution to see well enough though, but the mic on it is really sensitive and I can hear grunting... Most of the time I just hear them rubbing on something though. Yours look pretty good.

Can you people give me details about the camera system you have and about how much you have into it and where you bought it. Been wanting to get a couple cameras for calving. Don't want to go wireless.

Mine came from http://www.allenleigh.ca It is the basic cow cam, and it is wireless. Our barn is about 300' from the house and it works well except that my computer interferes with the picture at times. I could probably move the TV and receiver and it would work better. The one in the barn we bought new for $700 CAD and the outside one we got at a farm auction for about $400 CAD. I would love to get one of their big PTZ cameras but haven't convinced DH to go for it.

I just got a new barn camera and it took me two weeks to figure out how to get it connected to the internet (I'm no computer whiz) so I can watch heifers while I'm at work. However, it was so worth all the cussing, drinking and maybe a bit of crying. Now I don't have to worry and if the heifers need any help I can be there right quick.

I'm suppose to be able to connect mine to a smart phone also but I'm going to need to stock up on alcohol before attempting that chore.

I am interested in what cameras that you have, how much it cost, and how you got them to livestream from the internet. We live about 3 miles from our cattle barn and would like to get this set up asap.

Mine do not connect to the internet. But I can connect the receiver to my computer and watch/record from that.

Mine come from http://allenleigh.ca/. They have all sorts of different cameras and antennas. Some of them can go wireless for several miles. Worth checking out.

Latest posts