I lost my Jed today

Help Support CattleToday:

Imagine my chagrin when I locked up some 4 month old Kelpie pups in stout horse box stall, heard a ruckus and discovered they were happily cavorting along the ledgers some 9' above ground level. God only knows how they managed the feat. :roll:

Well, I'm trying to add a photo but when I upload it stalls out. My internet has been out for over a week so am using my mobile hotspot but almost out of data now, don't know if that is the problem.

76 Bar, here is a link to breeders website.

https://www.karmala.com.au/pups-for-sale/

If you scroll down to the mating Wills and Gemma, she would be one of the pups there.

Ken

76 Bar, here is a link to breeders website.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: I was so hoping your new girlie was from Karmala. I'm positively green with envy! You likely know Ms Lowing was closely associated with "Master" Kelpie breeder Tony Parsons. My foundation Kelpies were direct Karrawarra's via Tony's long time similar association with USA breeder Jack Woolsey DVM who to my good fortune, became my cattle, horse and dog mentor and very special friend. It kills me that import costs are currently prohibitive sans deep pockets. If not the case, I'd put an order in to Lowing for a youngster in a heartbeat.

Looks like a tremendous breeder. I love the black and tans.
By all accounts, she is. Cut her teeth with Parsons. B/T is my personal preference but one needs to mindful of the old adage good working dogs come in all colors, sizes and shapes. ;-)

That is interesting 76 that so far away you have a connection with Karmala. Jed was a magnificent looking dog, black and tan with strong instincts. I never begrudge paying the money for those instincts that you are buying. Actually they are very cheap at $850 compared to $3500 for a crossbred Cadoodle that my sister is buying at the moment. Jan is keeping two of the bitches to run on and breed if they work out.

Ken

Well I got one to upload.
Oh my, judging by her demeanor & expression she's obviously not into photo shoots! Either that or thinking this new bloke's socks are stinky! ;-)
Seriously she's a lovely pup and looks like she'll have some sizes to her (I like some leg under them). Really like her breeding. Phenotypically her sire is similar to my last male (1998-2011).

That is interesting 76 that so far away you have a connection with Karmala.
I've never communicated with Jan but I'm well aware she and Tony had a close association...much like or more so his association with my mentor Jack Woolsey. Jack was the sole person in the USA he allowed to legally use the Karrawarra prefix in his subsequent breeding program here. Not surprisingly, a handful of unscrupulous breeders tried to cash in on the notoriety. :frowns:
Loved the pics you'd previously posted of Ned. Was he from Jan as well?
Geeze...apologies for turning this topic Kelpie centric!

Jed was by Capree Tear out of Ameroo Rose.

That is a nice photo of your fellow, looks like he has the looks and all the moves.

Nice talking about the Kelpies. I don't see much mention of them on CT, I assumed there was not many around over there. My interest is not in breeding them, I like them as a very loyal companion and are very dedicated to their job with stock. There is some books put out by our national broadcaster the ABC called "Working Dog Stories", all short stories about incredible dogs and all the most incredible stories were about Kelpies. Like about soldiers returning from war and his Kelpie went missing from the property and travelled miles to the railway siding to be there when he got off the train. Their perception is incredible.

Ken

Latest posts