My Schnauzer

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
This is Grizzly. 3 years old. I flew to Cleveland, Ohio to pick him up as a pup.
I have owned Miniature Schnauzers for over 40 years. This is hands down the best one I have had. Top breed looks, personality plus, and he is smaller than most. 3 things I requested from breeder.

Attachments

• 20220713_110216.jpg
    20220713_110216.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 20220713_110205.jpg
    20220713_110205.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 11
LOL - no, I don't breed dogs. Have always owned a neutered male of both breeds.
Grizzly is very perky, full of fun and mischief.
During the winter, I let his hair all grow out except his face/head. He gets trips to my large kitchen sink a lot in spring/fall mud. And also wet snow. His feet/legs get 3 times the size full of snow. He has actually gotten two legs stuck together! I put him in sink & melt the snow with water. I do all his grooming. Rarely "comb" his feathers, but keep all the knots out. When we are sitting, he is on my lap and I'm always pulling my fingers thru the long hairs getting grass clippings and knots out.

WOW - that is awesome! My kitchen sink is almost that big and has a sprayer. And I don't have to bend down!!! We remodeled the kitchen maybe 20 years ago and I went to Lowes and had them order the biggest single sink I could get. I can put a 5 gallon bucket in it easily.

Schnauzers are very gritty. I had a female named Shelia she went with me everywhere. I had an encounter with a bull and Shelia probable saved my life or from being injured. I was loading a crazy little red Angus bull. Plan was to run him in trailer and close the middle gate. Did not get the gate closed and he came at me I got into the small lot I was loading from. Shelia run under the fence and grabbed the bull by the nose. The bull tried to shake her off but a Schnauzer can keep ratcheting down the grip. The bull lowered his head and Shelia was on the ground and for good measure she clamped on the nose a couple of times. The bull went in the trailer and as close to the front as possible and I closed the gate and moved him.

Our dogs travel everywhere with us, so they have to be very well behaved at shows. We used to block off our display area while we were busy showing, so little kids didn't run in to play with them. All my previous Schnauzers were not trust worthy with little kids. This one, sometimes I turn around and there's 4 or 5 little toddlers mauling him and he loves it. As friendly as he is, he is still pretty spunky - he's the boss over the 8 year old Heeler.

Our dogs travel everywhere with us, so they have to be very well behaved at shows. We used to block off our display area while we were busy showing, so little kids didn't run in to play with them. All my previous Schnauzers were not trust worthy with little kids. This one, sometimes I turn around and there's 4 or 5 little toddlers mauling him and he loves it. As friendly as he is, he is still pretty spunky - he's the boss over the 8 year old Heeler.
I get that! Kids were always a little intimidated by our older Labs because they were so hyper/happy/wanted to play. But amazingly, drawn to our rescue Lab/Greyhound mix that would kill coyotes, raccoons, beavers - you name it. Used to scare the bejesus outta me, but Obie has always been totally chill around kids and loves the attention.

Grizzly sounds like an awesome dog.

Interesting videos on the Miniature, Standard & Giant.
No mullet here!!! LOl I actually shave the bridge of his nose down at an angle so he has less beard.
@hurleyjd we don't use our heeler to "heel" cattle, because we pretty much just call our cattle from place to place. He knows how to work. He will keep an animal from coming thru a gate or stop them from coming out of a pen. Instincts are there and super smart. The Schnauzer is gritty enough to face a mad cow. Scares the ever loving out of me! The Schnauzer in the family has always been "my" dog, but I'm afraid this one is really my special one - and he loves his Mom! my cuddle-buddy.

Latest posts