i knew i should have gone with him

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

cattleluvr18

Reaction score
last december my dad went to a shorthorn place to pick out a heifer for me. but dumb school had to be in the way and my mom wouldnt let me get out to go pick one out. the guy had 2 heifers for my dad to choose from. they both were for $3500. truthfully i dont think it was that bad. well my dad didnt want to pay that much so he didnt get either of them. unstead he went to another breeder and got another for $3000. well found out that the guy went to the same show that we were gonna take it to. he put one in the adult and one in the junior. both of them got surpreme grand champion. :mad: and sold for like twice that price. i defenetly have a better eye then my dad and i would have made him pay another 500 dollars for one of those. so basically he passed up two surprime grand champion heifers. its so frustrating but i know i need to move on and work with what i got, but that sucks. anything like this happen to any of you guys.

My dad would have told me $3500 was a decent price - for 5 heifers! He would have followed that with "How on earth do you think you will ever be able to afford them?" I don't know you, but from reading your posts, I get the impression you are a very arrogant, obnoxious, disrespectful, spoiled brat! Appreciate what you have and grow up! If this sounds personal, it's supposed to.

i know. you are sounding a little ungrateful.

The only thing remotely near that that has happened to me is me thinking about calling my dad a 'dumba-s-s' and him beating the daylights out of me.

If it was me listening to a spoiled little brat whining I would dang sure not be buying her ANYTHING.

I bet if it was $3500 you earned, you would be much more selective with it also

fit2btied":12va2kg6 said:
My dad would have told me $3500 was a decent price - for 5 heifers! He would have followed that with "How on earth do you think you will ever be able to afford them?" I don't know you, but from reading your posts, I get the impression you are a very arrogant, obnoxious, disrespectful, spoiled brat! Appreciate what you have and grow up! If this sounds personal, it's supposed to.
What on earth would make you think that? ;-)
This child is a victim of a dumb parent and a dumb school. She really has it tough. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

cattleluvr18, I would suggest you be grateful that your Dad was willing to even buy you a heifer. I tend to agree with fit2btied. Grow up and get a grip! :roll:

Why not take your vast knowledge and experience and take the money out of your own pocket and buy the expensive heifers?
How sure are you that you have the ability to take equal heifrs and fit and show them well enough to win?
Ungratefull little snot!

dun

What I fail to understand with regards to showing in the USA is how can anyone justify paying that amount of money for a heifer (in this instance) or worse still, a steer, when you can buy a very good bull for the same money.

I just don't see the point in showing high dollar steers, if you want to show an expensive animal, let it be a breeding animal, something with the potential to repay you through their offspring.

Your daddy spent $3000.00 on you and you call him a DA? You need a whipping and should be grounded until you can collect on social security.

What you are saying about your dad is terrible. If he knew you said that it would hurt his feelings. He is helping you and doing what he thinks is best. Some kids dads are no where to be found and you are gripping because he bought you a $3k animal? Has he also bought the trailer that he hauls them in? Does he buy the feed? Does he haul you around? I could go on and on. He doesn't have to do any of that. I feel bad for your dad. Please take the time to consider someone else's feelings.

Most of the time Cocky is not a good thing and will work against you.

I don't know about the rest of the board but I have been literally biting my tongue not to give my opinion of your past posts to this board. I guess this one turned everyone loose to say what needed to be said. Hopefully, but not likely, you will take a lesson from this and tone down your attitude.

Green Creek":327am9g9 said:
I don't know about the rest of the board but I have been literally biting my tongue not to give my opinion of your past posts to this board. I guess this one turned everyone loose to say what needed to be said. Hopefully, but not likely, you will take a lesson from this and tone down your attitude.
everyone is right your being way to rough on your dad.be thankful you have a dad that will drop 3 grand for a show heifer.sure he got tight with money.but he did what he thought was right.my dad did the samething yours did 30yrs ago.the only differance was i was with him when he did it.i knew 3 well know reg holstein breeders that sold show calves.well they wanted $2500 for a calf that would show just about anywhere.an my dad said no an we went to another breeder.an picked a heifer for $800.that heifer would place in the bottom of her class everytime.but i still showed her.

It must be disappointing to not have the supreme champion when you were close to it but $500. buys a lot of groceries and maybe you dad couldn't afford to get you the $3500. heifer and still keep you in the lifestyle you are accustomed to. He did spend $3000 on your heifer to try to get you a really good one and you should tell him how much you appreciate him for it. Your dad loves you enough to save up a lot of money to get your heifer, love him enough to show him enough respect to not put him down on a public forum.
Unless you are endlessly wealthy you will always have the cow you couldn't afford problem (or truck, house, dress, whatever) I just hope that you will get a better attitude about how to deal with it. Thank God for what you have. Realize that guilting and/or forcing your father into getting you want you want just shows a lack of character and character is far more important than a supreme champion calf.
For next years calf either allow your father to spend however much he chooses on what he chooses and give him a big hug with a thank you or go get a job and make your own choices.
Hope your heifer does well for you in the shows.

Remember just because they are supreme champions doesn't mean they will be good cows in the end. I've known people who've had show winners every where they went, but the animal could either get bred or couldn't even raise a calf. Win or lose they all become hamburg.

cattleluvr18":m3fd1jdj said:
anything like this happen to any of you guys.

Absolutely not. Thank goodness.

And - THANKFULLY - my daughters are not like you either. They were always appreciative.

I wouldn,t spend $300.00 on you.
I guess when you get grown you will still want him to support you.

KNERSIE":3542r4ym said:
What I fail to understand with regards to showing in the USA is how can anyone justify paying that amount of money for a heifer (in this instance) or worse still, a steer, when you can buy a very good bull for the same money.

Stupidity doesn't recognize borders. KNERSIE, you'd be amazed how wasteful some folks are here. Also, there are too many spoiled rotten brats with silver spoons.

There are several kids around this county in the show circuits who actually work with market steers. Good kids from eager means. Some of them from broken families who don't get to see their Dad much in the first place. It is always a joy for all of us to see a kid like that do well with a project.

The top 50% of steers at the county show make the sale. The bottom 50% don't. My wife and I bought steers, 9 years running, from kids in the bottom 50% who needed to sell. We pay the floor price and send it to the butcher.

cattleluvr18":3ax97u8o said:
anything like this happen to any of you guys.

Not even close. When I was growing up I was lucky enough to have parents that gave me food, clothing, and a roof over my head. Anything beyond that I had to work for and pay for myself. I believe that made me a better adult, and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

I think if this guy was going to spend $3000 or $3500 money wasn't the problem. He thought the other heifers were better. It would have made me mad too because it sounds more like a situation that the father was trying to prove his knowledge. It is correct to be very mad. All of the jealous old people typing in are more immature for typing what they do to kids on the internet.

auctionboy":28h8fb2u said:
All of the jealous old people typing in are more immature for typing what they do to kids on the internet.

boy, If you are not old enough to take the heat, you shouldn't crawl into the kitchen. The internet would be much better without kids like you.

Respect and gratitude have been around a whole lot longer than the internet. It is easy to realize you understand neither.

If the little girl's daddy spent $3K on a heifer, she should be greatful and not critical.

She didn't win. She is blaming her Dad. She should have taken that $3K and started a herd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts