I had a helper today

Help Support CattleToday:

LRTX1

Reaction score
My little helper tagged along today, thought some of you might enjoy the pics.

She thought we were going to work cows.
cowgirllacie.jpg

A little shovel work was needed first
daddyshelper.jpg

Turns out her and grandaddy had other ideas besides work.
tireswing2.jpg

Oh heck yes! That right there is what life is all about.

It takes three times as long for my grandbabies to help me do anything. What their parents don't consider is building their confidence, self esteeem etc.

Put those youngsters in the middle of everything you do.

My wording may have mislead some that dont know. Thats my daughter, after reading what I wrote I thought it might be confusing.

That's the best helper you can ever have, and stuff like that makes for a lifetime of memories for both of you...or all three of you. My daughter used to help me, and still does. Her oldest daughter now is that little helper. Funny how animals can be so gentle around a little kid, but I teach her to watch them close.

My son is farm manager at a farm a couple counties over.
My grandson is seven and is out with his daddy all over the farm.
they were here sunday and we were walking out to my small herd in the pasture and I told him to stay close and my son said he knows how to act around the cows.
I said maybe so.....but my cows don't know how to act around little people... and I was right.

I had to step between him and a couple of cows because they did not know what he was. they would have gotten snorty with him had I not.

our grandson's favorite place is the farm, he's five and with us alot and I wouldnt want it any other way. he knows all the cow's and what calf goes with what mom. he says he wants to grow up to be a farmer bless his heart.

Thanks for the kind comments. Sunday is the day we go to grandaddys farm. I try to get things done while he babysits, it never works out so well for the getting things done. Sunday we hung the tire swing instead of unloading the new squeeze chute....oh well thats what mondays are for I guess. I wind up doing most things myself when she comes along, as her grandaddy is plum useless if shes around. It is always fun to watch them two together, he thinks he's 2 years old also.

That little lady is definitely a "keeper". Love her and enjoy her...she'll be grown before you know it. :cry2:

The best time of day is when my five yo grand daughter helps me on the tractor. She also likes to throw rocks into the pond.

Had my helper come out again yesterday. We spent most of the afternoon goofing off.

We had to check on the Blue Bird eggs.

DSC_0549.jpg

Did a few laps around the barnyard.

DSC_0567.jpg

Stopped to smell the flowers.

DSC_0577.jpg

Had to get the princess all prettied up.

DSC_0589.jpg

Latest posts