I got bit by a snake today!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

going back a few answers ago Mr Ryder you can have those little spiders as pets if you so desire, I don't mind bagging them up and sending them to you first class of cause. Snakes I am not to worried about as as you say, we don't have many around where I live and no venermous ones.
You all take care with those venermous snakes out there, a shovel and a gun must come in handy with them once aroused. :help:

chrisy":1mpqlo0k said:
going back a few answers ago Mr Ryder you can have those little spiders as pets if you so desire, I don't mind bagging them up and sending them to you first class of cause. Snakes I am not to worried about as as you say, we don't have many around where I live and no venermous ones.
You all take care with those venermous snakes out there, a shovel and a gun must come in handy with them once aroused. :help:
If you remember back on another post there is a good hearted man who is collecting some up to send to you. Spiders so you can learn to love and appreciate them and snakes so you folks can have some.

If you have an outhouse spiders can live very well there. :nod:
I assume folks have outhouses in England.

Ryder":bjrz0b6n said:
chrisy":bjrz0b6n said:
If you remember back on another post there is a good hearted man who is collecting some up to send to you. Spiders so you can learn to love and appreciate them and snakes so you folks can have some.

It would depend on what you mean by outhouses, if you are refering to outside toilets not anymore, if you mean work sheds then yes and Chaz, has three,

Ryder":2qjd30h6 said:
chrisy":2qjd30h6 said:

Yep on the Good hearted men, Me and Jed are working on a nice gift package of snakes to ship across the pond to the sweet little Christy, enjoy, they will be there before long. :nod: :nod: :lol2: :lol2:

curtis":2zk2ggn1 said:
Ryder":2zk2ggn1 said:
chrisy":2zk2ggn1 said:

Yep on the Good hearted men, Me and Jed are working on a nice gift package of snakes to ship across the pond to the sweet little Christy, enjoy, they will be there before long. :nod: :nod: :lol2: :lol2:
Curtis snakes don't bother me, I used to own two. It's spiders I detest immensely.

Chrisy then you'd surely enjoy our banana spiders. Am told they came in on a boat and made themselves right at home. I would think if I sent you two you could have the whole of England draped in silk in a matter of months. :lol2:

I HATE SNAKES. Never have I been bitten but I still hate them. I carry a nine shot .22 with snake/rat shot all summer and fall. Yes it is a pain in the arse but it is kinda like that good feeling you have when after a car wreck you know you have full coverage no matter what that other cretin has.

papavillars":2jr4u1pv said:
I HATE SNAKES. Never have I been bitten but I still hate them. I carry a nine shot .22 with snake/rat shot all summer and fall. Yes it is a pain in the arse but it is kinda like that good feeling you have when after a car wreck you know you have full coverage no matter what that other cretin has.
Another right thinking man.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Jogeephus":1iicyswr said:
Chrisy then you'd surely enjoy our banana spiders. Am told they came in on a boat and made themselves right at home. I would think if I sent you two you could have the whole of England draped in silk in a matter of months. :lol2:
Banana Splits yes I like them, but them horrid eight legged things no way, we already have them here, came that exact way on a boat in boxes of bananas, I don't mind being draped in silk if it is of the worm kind. :pretty:

It is really funny how the "snake thing" runs in each family. If the great grandparents were scared, then they scared their children to death, and kept passing it down.
My family was never scared of snakes, and I don't ever remember seeing any when I was a kid, except for the ones on the road dead. I stayed out in the woods and fields till I was in my teens. But as I got older, I realize that they are out there. I just was not looking for them then.
But when we bale hay now, the field is full of Copperheads, chopped up where they are catching mice.

On the other hand, my husbands family is scared to death of snakes. My husband is not afraid, but he is the only one. They talk of houses that they have heard of that the yards are infested with snakes. One of his aunts says that when she drives to her sisters house, that Chicken snakes get in the motor of her car, ride home with her, and get out when she gets there. And this is an intelligent lady. Where does she come up with this stuff??? The stories of their fears go on, and I just don't understand them.

When I met my husband, he was telling me of an incident of when a snake got into his parents house. His Dad was not getting around too well, he used a cane and sat in a lift chair so that he would be able to get up and down easily. Both of his parents were in their 80's.
Since my husband is always stirring things up, he proceeded to tell me this story in front of his them.

He told me of not too long ago that his Dad was sitting in his lift chair, and his Mother told his Dad there was a snake in the house. He said that his Dad turned his head around toward his Mom and saw the snake come sliding around the corner toward his lift chair, and my husband said he almost had a heart attack!!! Of course his Dad was sitting there with his eyes so big that I thought they were going to fall out. So, I had to ask, what kind of snake was it? My husband said, "Well, lets put it this way, if it had been a water snake, it would have been safe!"
His Dad wet his pants when he saw that snake come sliding around the corner toward his chair!!!! :lol2: :nod:
Chuckie

Ryder":205zqz9p said:
papavillars":205zqz9p said:
Another right thinking man.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I am with ya fellas. I can't kill enuf Rattlers to make me happy.

Curtis wrote earlier about the man that was bitten by a Water Moccosin/Cotton Mouth, and was in Critical Condition.
This snake is the most dangerous to bite you. His poison affects your central nervous system. It goes to your involuntary muscle group, which controls your hear, lungs, diaphram, etc....... So, don't waste any time getting to a hospital when this snake bites you. :help:
He can end your life A Water Moccosin travels in water with his head above and out of the water.

The Copperheads, Rattlesnakes are not anything to laugh at either. You can stop at the red lights with these, but run everything with the water moccosins.
Chuckie

Chuckie":j6hpnau4 said:
Curtis wrote earlier about the man that was bitten by a Water Moccosin/Cotton Mouth, and was in Critical Condition.
This snake is the most dangerous to bite you. His poison affects your central nervous system. It goes to your involuntary muscle group, which controls your hear, lungs, diaphram, etc....... So, don't waste any time getting to a hospital when this snake bites you. :help:
He can end your life A Water Moccosin travels in water with his head above and out of the water.

The Copperheads, Rattlesnakes are not anything to laugh at either. You can stop at the red lights with these, but run everything with the water moccosins.
Chuckie

Worst part about that Cotton Mouth SOB is that he will chase you down if he can. Been there done that and got the T shirt to prove it. I hate em. :mad:

3waycross":19w5zd6q said:
Worst part about that Cotton Mouth SOB is that he will chase you down if he can. Been there done that and got the T shirt to prove it. I hate em.

I got one of the shirts too. I got bit in the hand by one of these while picking cucumbers. Lil sumbeech scared the bejeessus out of me but it didn't hurt as bad as I thought it should. Felt kinda like a pygmy wasp sting. There was a little paper cut looking thing on my hand and a tiny bit of blood so I figured I was good to go. My wife strongly encouraged me to go to doctor but it didn't seem that big a deal. Next morning I woke up and my hand looked like a baseball glove. Hat to admit it but maybe she had a point. :lol2:

Jogeephus":2f0vysw4 said:
3waycross":2f0vysw4 said:
Worst part about that Cotton Mouth SOB is that he will chase you down if he can. Been there done that and got the T shirt to prove it. I hate em.

I got one of the shirts too. I got bit in the hand by one of these while picking cucumbers. Lil sumbeech scared the bejeessus out of me but it didn't hurt as bad as I thought it should. Felt kinda like a pygmy wasp sting. There was a little paper cut looking thing on my hand and a tiny bit of blood so I figured I was good to go. My wife strongly encouraged me to go to doctor but it didn't seem that big a deal. Next morning I woke up and my hand looked like a baseball glove. Hat to admit it but maybe she had a point. :lol2:

That's the way my hand looked like after i got bite by a copperhead. My fingers looked like king sized hot dogs. Very painful.

Curtis, I've never been bit by a copperhead but a friend of mine got bit on the arm and he said it felt like fire. Was your's similar? I thought the cottonmouth's bite was a dry bite that's why I didn't worry but undoubtedly more venom was there than I thought but it really didn't hurt that bad but I also think it was a reflex bite and not a angry bite.

When I first moved to the ranch in Wyoming I knew it was bad snake country, and I watched for them. I killed 10 or 12 the first year. the longer I was there I just didn't worry about them. They were EZ to kill and I could just club them with a jack or stick or what ever was handy. We had a custom wheat harvester that used to hit them with a 12" cresent wrench, I am not quite that brave. The last few years the only snakes I kill I find on the road or see them in the hay fields where the swather got them.

Down in Alabama I was on the 4 wheeler when I saw my first water moccosin in a shallow drainage. I couldn't find a big enough stick and he slithered under the fence and into the creek/trees. I am never going to let that happen again, I started carrying a .357 with rat shot, that I bought as a foolish kid years ago. I have shot several already, I have only lived in Alabama a few months and now I don't leave the house without it. My wife likes to go walking with the dogs and likes to ride out and feed the catfish. I bought her a Taurus Judge ultralite w/ 410 shells, now thats a snake killer!!! @

3waycross":2dwtwixf said:
Chuckie":2dwtwixf said:

Chuckie

Worst part about that Cotton Mouth SOB is that he will chase you down if he can. Been there done that and got the T shirt to prove it. I hate em. :mad:

I was on a high bank one day and there was a mostly dried up waterhole down below. One of those despicable evil creatures was down there with just a little water and mud. I shot a .22 just in front of him and mud would splatter up and he was ready to bite something. Then I shot to the side and he tried to go after that. Then I shot to the other side. A few more shots and that creature did not know which way to go. He finally quit trying to find something to bite and then I shot him.

I never got to be much of a fisherman. I would start to fish in the spring until I saw the first snake and then I forgot about fishing and started snake hunting. I would rather kill snakes than catch fish.

I am not a cruel person. But when snakes are involved it is another ball game. The are the devil's creatures and need to be sent to hades.

Latest posts