I can hear the sound of farmers puckering . . .

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
High 80's here, and we're getting a thunderstorm, as hay ranchers are frantically trying to salvage product. The recent weather is also smacking the WA cherry producers, of which my SIL is one.

Kathie in Thorp":183spn9y said:
High 80's here, and we're getting a thunderstorm, as hay ranchers are frantically trying to salvage product. The recent weather is also smacking the WA cherry producers, of which my SIL is one.
Weather....everyone needs it to do SOMETHING. :D Seems most want it to be different than what it IS doing.

It's 102 and bone dry here....Corn that was pretty and green last week is about to pop in the field. Those that got the rain to grow it better get it in. Some is burning up like the corn.

It's been almost a month for me since the last 3/10ths of rain. It's looking like mid August following a dry July....still 6 weeks till then.

Not saying I want it to rain a couple inches every 3 or 4 days....but in inch or two every 3 or 4 months doesn't cut it when your average rainfall is 3 or more a month.

Within the last hour, we got big loud booms across the valley, and a sprinkle of rain at our place. 10 miles away, quarter-sized hail and rain that's filling up street drains.

JSCATTLE":gukzzaop said:
102 here today ! But it's only 5 months until the rainy season here .
Unless hurricane season comes to SE Texas first..
just sayin

Hot and dry as a bone here too.

Kathie in Thorp":3m2nlhx7 said:
Had 4 different thunder storms here today. None of it was in the forecast! We're hauling hay tomorrow, rain or shine.
Welcome to the Ozarks weather!

Suppose to be close to 100 up here. Have a small thunderstorm coming at us from the northwest, which is normally the nasty ones that cause the most damage but it is weakening.
Winter wheat is good but the spring crop is a concern.

Have some neighbors that have hay laid down right now. Hubby is suppose to start haying shortly.

Latest posts