Hybred cat

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Is it possible for a bobcat and a regular old barn cat to mate and have young?

dun":1ezrkup2 said:
Is it possible for a bobcat and a regular old barn cat to mate and have young?

What you an your wife do in the confines of your own home would be up to you... :banana:

Alice":2b2cu12z said:
Forgive me, dun...but why do you ask?

Alice

I saw a young cat today that is basicly marked like a tabby but with light orange undertones. The tail was about 2/3 the length of a normal cat and very bushy, almost like a bristle brush and it had black tufts on the back of it's ears.

dun":30m3fanr said:
Alice":30m3fanr said:
Forgive me, dun...but why do you ask?

Alice

I saw a young cat today that is basicly marked like a tabby but with light orange undertones. The tail was about 2/3 the length of a normal cat and very bushy, almost like a bristle brush and it had black tufts on the back of it's ears.

Whoa! In that case...Good question, Dun! I will be more than interested in responses to this. We have bobcats in the vicinity...and I've seen domestic type cats here lately. Before my brother's Lacy Cur disappeared, we had absolutely no cats around.

Alice

It is very rare but it can happen, when an old male Bobcat can't compete with his younger males in the pack they will sometimes go for a barn cat, but the kittens are always sterile. They are know as Pixie Bobcats. But the cat you saw could have been a Manx cross with a tail from crossbreeding.

Just_a_girl":krvq54p7 said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixie-Bob

Interesting information on this link. The very last picture on the right looks exactly like my cat, Bob (short for Bobcat) when he was a kitten.

There was a big story about that breed on the news a few years ago.Those little<big> cuties sell for HUGE dollars like a couple of thousand.They are supposed to have the same behaviourism's as a dog but clean freeks like a cat.I bet they are great mousers.

Thanks for the link.

Hey Dun maybe you hit the jack pot.You can sell your cattle and breed these guys........ ;-)

hillsdown":1q3q6v5d said:
Hey Dun maybe you hit the jack pot.You can sell your cattle and breed these guys........ ;-)

Don;t think I would do well running a cat house

Saw a cat house on TV just before Christmas. Humane Society went in and must have taken like 100 cats from the place. Said it stunk so bad they had to wear masks :shock:

angie2":1s351ndc said:
Saw a cat house on TV just before Christmas. Humane Society went in and must have taken like 100 cats from the place. Said it stunk so bad they had to wear masks :shock:

don't think he meant that kind of 'Cat House' there Angie... :lol: or I could be wrong! ;-)

PHOTOS!!! We need photos!! There are Bobcat/kittycat crosses-kinda rare-and sell for lotts!!
Look up hybred cats and look at the Serval/kitty crosses

My sisters now husband, then boyfriend, ended up one with a Japanese fighting cat after a night of drinking. Not sure about the name of this thing, but he did get rid of it in short order. I saw it with my own 2 eyes. WAY bigger than the biggest tom cat I ever saw, it was orange, and the size of it's fangs were HUGE!

Michele