Hunting season starts soon, take 2... pics

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
I haven't hunting in years but I'm sure ready to this year. Might be worth me buying a license and tag. Seasons starts Nov. 2. if these guys are still hanging around in a week or so I may just do it. I have been leaving them alone and they don't mind seeing my truck come down to the barn they are hanging out by, I'll try to keep them from getting spooked.

This is the bull I posted a pic of a week or two ago, the one with the hurt back and down in his hind end, he still has a bit of a limp but feeling better.

It's a herd of 25 to 30 head tearing up my fences, the longest a herd has hung around. I've given up on fence repair for now. The herd has pick up two of these guys, the big guy keeps them moving. With luck I can harvest one of them.

Alan, elk I believe are the best tasting big game animal. One of them cows would fill my freezer just fine.
Good luck on our hunt. If you do get lucky shouldn't have a very long drag to the truck.

highgrit":2cntmogn said:
Alan, elk I believe are the best tasting big game animal. One of them cows would fill my freezer just fine.
Good luck on our hunt. If you do get lucky shouldn't have a very long drag to the truck.

Yes, good luck to your hunt Saturday! With luck these guy will be around on the 2nd, I'm sure not running the woods for them. :lol:

Good luck! Alan

Deepsouth":2tdi9axw said:
They'll disappear the day before season opens.

King, I enjoy looking at him, hope he makes it for a couple more years, part of the reason for taking a spike or cow, plus the quality of meat factor.

Tater, beer and a steak dinner ...... Oh and you clean both. :lol: We'll see what happens. :tiphat:

Deepsouth? Was that you speaking or are you channeling you SEC roots and hating on the Pac 12? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jogeephus":2j3s3cix said:
Wow. Season? Me wouldn't needs no stinking season. :lol2:

Joe! Shhhhhhhhhhhhh, I would never do that! ;-) Where I could be seen. SSS :nod: just kidding ...... Maybe. ;-) :tiphat:

Alan":367ntqp2 said:
Jogeephus":367ntqp2 said:
Wow. Season? Me wouldn't needs no stinking season. :lol2:

Joe! Shhhhhhhhhhhhh, I would never do that! ;-) Where I could be seen. SSS :nod: just kidding ...... Maybe. ;-) :tiphat:

Sure, the big guy with the broke back is all better... ;-) ;-) :hide:

We hear you. :nod:

Alan":3j1w71k7 said:
Deepsouth":3j1w71k7 said:
They'll disappear the day before season opens.

Deepsouth? Was that you speaking or are you channeling you SEC roots and hating on the Pac 12? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Now Alan, you know I wouldn't do something like that. I was just speaking from my own experience with whitetail and turkey. They seem to know when the season is about to open. But I don't know much about elk and elk hunting. They may be different, they may stick around. Good luck with him!

I will warn you though. We may not know much about elk hunting down here but there are some pretty dang good duck killers in SEC country. :cowboy: Just saying!

Had a filet mignon out of the 6point bull my buddy shot on Tuesday for dinner tonight. It was incredible. However unless you're looking for a wall hanger why not shoot a spike and let him live another year or two.

Spike bull might just be the best tasting piece of meat on earth.

Latest posts