Hunting on Sundays

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
Just for kicks, is it legal to hunt on Sundays in your state?

It's not legal to hunt deer, bear, etc. in VA on Sundays.

How many other uptight states are out there?

c farmer":2lpbgesy said:
We cant hunt on sundays either in Pa unless you are hunting crows.
You're kidding, right? I thought virginia was the only bass akward state that didn;t allow sunday hunting. BUt I lived in va never was in PA during a hunting season

No hunting on Sundays is a new one on me. Certainly not the law in Bama.
What's the penalty? Are the GW's pretty serious about it?

It is legal to hunt on Sundays in Louisiana. I had no idea is was not legal in some states.

Man. I learn something everyday... LOL

farmwriter":21a9ov33 said:
No hunting on Sundays is a new one on me. Certainly not the law in Bama.
What's the penalty? Are the GW's pretty serious about it?

Any figure of authority is serious in Va, I've never seen a more uptight bunch of pricks.

We can hunt on Sunday if season is open. With a farmer licence you can hunt 365 days of the year. Disclaimer ( A farmers licence is not totally recognized by the Washington State Department of Wildlife)

Dave":o2p1myw2 said:
We can hunt on Sunday if season is open. With a farmer licence you can hunt 365 days of the year. Disclaimer ( A farmers licence is not totally recognized by the Washington State Department of Wildlife)

Sounds sorta like doe day here. You got "doe day" then you got "be proud its a doe day". Only way to tell the difference is if you tailgate is up or down.

tncattle467":3ixp3lr3 said:
Heck everyone I know goes hunting here on Sundays. Virginia is a commonwealth (almost communist in my opinion state) so it does not surprise me.
Heck they dont even allow radar detectors in cars. What kind of crap is that?
That just aint right. How are innocent speeders supposed to protect them selves from the speeder cops.

I spoke with a game warden here " Conservation Police " is what there calling themselves here these days. He informed me there is no hunting on sundays because animal rights groups lobbied that the animals needed atleast one day of rest. But Virginia is moving towards hunting on Sundays he told me cause the populations are getting out of control. We now can use Crossbows and many parts of the state you can shoot a Buck or Doe everyday. They have also gave us more bonus tags for does than before. We also have no restriction on how many bullets our guns hold on certain species of animals now so I think withing 5 years we will be hunting on Sundays.

If a 4-legged unwanted critter (or a crawley, slimy tingy) gets on my property, it is "open season" 24/7/365. I don't need a "permit" to shoot a tresspasser...lol.

P.S.: That is, if the "tresspasser" is perceived to be a threat to my/our/livestock/dog/cat/etc. or our property...is "ok" to use lethal force to neutralize (stop) the threat...lol.

Here in WV they changed to hunting on Sunday then changed it back.After a year they let the counties vote rather or not to do it and very few voted for it.Thankfully mine voted for it.Churches along with treehuggers were the ones who were against it mainly.Said that people would go hunting rather than church of course IMO they probably weren't going to church anyway.I work 6 days a week so I support it .

Alberta was always a no hunting zone on Sundays for large game but with the spread of CWD they opened it up to most areas in the province.

Hunters who kill deer in the affected zones must submit the heads of the animals for testing. There is no evidence that the disease, which attacks the nervous system and causes infected animals to slowly waste away, is a danger to human health.

http://www.bowzone.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=8304

rusty":3g2k8dxd said:
Here in WV they changed to hunting on Sunday then changed it back.After a year they let the counties vote rather or not to do it and very few voted for it.Thankfully mine voted for it.Churches along with treehuggers were the ones who were against it mainly.Said that people would go hunting rather than church of course IMO they probably weren't going to church anyway.I work 6 days a week so I support it .

Guess those preachers figure if they have to work one day a week (Sunday) you might as well have to sit thru their sermon. Have had some very interesting times of meditation and prayer sitting in a deer stand.

Latest posts