humour me

Help Support CattleToday:

frenchie

Reaction score
Whats your outside temparature today..thats the only way i,m going to get warm again :)

its was -42 and a wind here today :( Still freezing and i have been in the house for 2 hrs)

What does -42C equal out to when transfered into F? (no, I'm not going to try to spell it :help: )
Was 9F today at 2:30, is supposed to get to -20 standing temp tonight, was -15 last night.

It was in the seventies today. Flies got all in the truck as I had my windows down. Going to get cold here Sunday night 35 but will again be 70 ish Monday.

-42 (-10F)? :shock: Ya'll don't have any choice but to drink cold beer. I'd still be cold too.

-40'C = -40'F so I'm betting -42 in any measurements is COLD. :lol:

My computer says the temp here is 18'F but feels like 2'F. Bit of a windchill too so it's chilly out there.

Angus/Brangus":rhig6p0a said:
Jogeephus":rhig6p0a said:
It was in the seventies today. Flies got all in the truck as I had my windows down. Going to get cold here Sunday night 35 but will again be 70 ish Monday.

-42 (-10F)? :shock: Ya'll don't have any choice but to drink cold beer. I'd still be cold too.

Pretty rough isn't it Jogee? Those darn flys :D Bring out the .22

Can't stand flies! Specially in the truck. They get on the ceiling and leave marks.

I really don't know how you folks up north make it through the winter. I'd love to have your summer weather though but not your cold. What do you heat the house with?

Got up to around 50F today, no wind for a change. Little shoots of grass starting to turn green.

Jogeephus":18dskbp5 said:
I really don't know how you folks up north make it through the winter. I'd love to have your summer weather though but not your cold. What do you heat the house with?

The same way you make it through your summers - you just get used to it, put on appropriate clothing, and deal. :lol: This may come as a bit of a shock to you, but central heat/air is fairly commonplace in the frigid north. :lol: Those that don't have central heat rely on a wood stove or a centrally located furnace (I'm one of those unfortunate people - I would love to trade it in for a wood stove, but it's cost prohibitive). Then there are always those who are stuck with electric baseboard heaters - not terribly efficient, hell on pillows, and somewhat expensive - but they do generally get the job done.

Jogeephus":1s40exb6 said:
I really don't know how you folks up north make it through the winter. What do you heat the house with?
We make it through winter by the skin of our teeth. Everyone is starting to get cagey with the cold not wanting to leave us at all, daylight savings will help some. Cards and hotdish is starting to get a little old.

There's a forest of lumber cut and stacked outside for the wood stove that never materialized ~ hopefully next year though. Heat old farm house with propane. Its outrageous, the cost!!

But! Its March now, so soon. Only a couple more months. :banana:

I don't know, somewhere around 32 and a light dusting of snow. Highs in the forties today. School delayed for two hours. It's pretty, and it is the only snow we will get this winter. Skies are clear. Gonna be a good day.

-5 this morning. Hopefully this was our last blast of winter. Last night though the weather liars really missed one. Yesterday was gorgeous, sunny, but cold and then it started snowing about 6PM. By 7:30 it was a white out and highway travel was 20mph. Hubby and the kids were at a 4H meeting and they drove home in it :cry2: . I thought for sure we would have people staying over. By 11:30 it was a lot better. I guess it's the coldest winter in 7 years, it sure has been a long one.

It was 57 degrees and slight breeze here today. :nod:

Tomorrow it is suppose to be 39 degrees and 20-30 mph winds with snow flurries. :cry2: :cry2:

Sunday is suppose to be 57 again.

It was 58 In Cartersville, Ga when I made my turn today but only 44 here in Ky at the time. It's 29 here right now and we're expecting freezing rain tonite and snow tomorrow.

Latest posts