hrs on a tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":2agydxj8 said:
Hours don't matter it's how the machine was maintenanced by previous owner's during the machines hours
Yup, what he said!

skyhightree1":27x70szv said:
Hours don't matter it's how the machine was maintenanced by previous owner's during the machines hours

Ok, so if it was maintenanced well by the previous owner, is it a lot? I assume that things eventually wear out regardless of maintenance. It might be fine regardless of hrs if it's already your tractor that you've owned for several years, but would it be a good investment for a buyer?

herofan":1n4k23m1 said:
skyhightree1":1n4k23m1 said:

Ok, so if it was maintenanced well by the previous owner, is it a lot? I assume that things eventually wear out regardless of maintenance. It might be fine regardless of hrs if it's already your tractor that you've owned for several years, but would it be a good investment for a buyer?

I Buy alot of tractors throughout the year to resell them somei have no earthly idea of the hours but I go through them before selling. If it were me I'd have no issue buying it long as price is inline. Oh yea it's not alot of hours if you're the owner

Don't know about a Massey 390, but there was a Kubota sold last week on Purplewave Auction with a video of tractor running. Has a little over 10,000 hrs on it. From a dairy in Utah. Don't remember what it sold for.

herofan":bqul857f said:
skyhightree1":bqul857f said:

Most tractors take a lot of hours to wear out parts "if it has been properly maintained". Filters, oil changes and lube can make up for a lot of hours.

I bought a 79 1086 a few years ago with 6500 hrs. Spoke with the owner that had it since 81 told me what he had done to it and maintance. We have put a few seals and redone the a.c. in several hundred hours of heavy tillage.
I bought a john deere 6500 sprayer with 2200 hours. This thing has been a nightmare every little thing electric and fuel has pretty much give fits and been replaced.
Used stuff is a crap shoot. But 2800 hours is not much for the age.

We just bought a Massey 255 with about 3200 hours, runs like a top.. Will need a little TLC and paint, but it's got tons of life left in it

Nesikep":1vcb09vq said:
We just bought a Massey 255 with about 3200 hours, runs like a top.. Will need a little TLC and paint, but it's got tons of life left in it
Those are nice tractors. It is getting harder to find in good shape.

2800 hrs is no hours at all if its been taken care of.heck my 2013 7040 has almost 550hrs on.

I think i was told the average vehicle gets driven 40mph,.. so 2800 hours is equivalent to about 112,000 miles.. you wouldn't worry about a vehicle with that mileage if it had maintenance done to it.

It brought $18,000 at the sale, and that was a little more than i wanted to give.

Latest posts