How's the weather treating you?

Help Support CattleToday:

Hot humid and raining....Guess if I wasnt such a lazy cuss I'd go build some pretty fences, like some folks have...Course bout the time i did that, we would get another hurricane, and there goes my pretty fence.

In SE Minnesota it's been too hot for too long. There are leaves coming off the trees, 150 yr old cottonwoods dropping leaves like it's September.
It's not good to be a black cow this summer, especially not a fat black cow. Not so great to be an old white lady either!

Started getting good rain almost a month ago and the Coastal hay took off like a rocket. Had been very hot and dry for a long time. Amazing how the grass can look so bad and then come alive like nobody's business when it rains good and the weather's hot. Hay fields got thick and rank in a hurry, now it's hard to get it cut and dried.

Drought map still shows us smack dab in the middle of the worst drought rating and the ponds still look bad but thankfully the grass looks good right now. Muggy hot most days but that's normal.

We hit 112 degrees here today and broke a record. The only relief in sight is a prediction for 100 degrees on Sunday with a 20% chance of rain.

It's been close to 100 lately, forecast calling for 90s next week. We have been getting rain lately. I got 1" last night. We have a lot of varied rain lately. I got an inch the other night, and just a few miles away, they got three inches.

Latest posts