How's the weather treating you?

Help Support CattleToday:

BettyLandercasper

Reaction score
Been hotter in SE Minnesota than I have ever seen. Just raking hay was hard work, which is kinda ridiculous.
Some days the cattle are open mouth breathing. In the shade!
Wondering how other folks are doing.

It has been unusually cool and wet even for our normally cool wet climate. We have only been above 80 twice so far this year. June had double the normal rainfall.

Southeast Texas, near Winnie, hot & humid and very very wet. We've had 8" rainfall this week. I'm sick of it! :cry2:

We have been extremely hot and dry here. Temps averaging 95, with heat indexes well over 100. Today was our first rain in 12 weeks and it barely was enough to knock the dust down. Very abnormal for my neck of the woods. I am NOT a fan of the heat so I am hating it!

We were really hot and dry up to a couple of weeks ago. The pastures were dry and brown, branches had dried up, and it was over 100 degrees some days. In the last couple of weeks or so, we have had several inches of rain and things have really greened up. Temps are in the 90s. My brother said all along, "Well, it will rain someday, it always does." That's one good thing about KY, the saying is that if you don't like the weather, just stick around and it will change.

Temps been up in triple digits for a while now.. good ol summer weather...makes great weather for fixing fence, and workin calves... :nod: NOw if we can get some summer rain..

triple digits several times last couple weeks, finally did get a little bit of rain last week BUT hotter than a three peckered billy goat again this week!Very dry here. Corn looks terrible. :wave:

It might make it to 70 degrees today. The forecast says it will be close to 80 by mid week but then cooling off by the weekend with rain in the forecast for the weekend.

We're getting into the hundreds as often than not but that's common here. We had our first day of cow killing heat yesterday. 106 with humidity(which we don't get very often). It was 85 degrees when I left in the morning at 1:30...That oughta take some milk off the market.

I soak 2 sets of clothes by noon, work until about 4, come home, check cows, shower and sit around in my underwear.
Now it's a thunderstorm, .36" for the day, 78f with 94% and no power.
Good thing I got my shower first :mrgreen:

Dave":djd39vmv said:
It might make it to 70 degrees today. The forecast says it will be close to 80 by mid week but then cooling off by the weekend with rain in the forecast for the weekend.

I'm thinking of moving to Washington or Oregon! Do ya'll have fire ants? Mosquitoes? Did you ever in the past grow much cotton or tobacco? If your answer is no to all these things I'm gonna give this some serious consideration.

I gotta agree with Jo, it's time to move north, west, anywhere. This bs is getting old, 91 degrees at 10:30 pm, really tiresome.

hooknline":1r4q80e6 said:
I soak 2 sets of clothes by noon, work until about 4, come home, check cows, shower and sit around in my underwear.
Now it's a thunderstorm, .36" for the day, 78f with 94% and no power.
Good thing I got my shower first :mrgreen:

hook... I like the way you think.. I do the same thing myself in the evening. Great for cooling off..

Jogeephus":37mbl5vu said:
Dave":37mbl5vu said:

I'm thinking of moving to Washington or Oregon! Do ya'll have fire ants? Mosquitoes? Did you ever in the past grow much cotton or tobacco? If your answer is no to all these things I'm gonna give this some serious consideration.

Jo, no fire ants. Mosquitoes are generally not bad at all. No tobacco or cotton. No poison snakes. No hurricanes. No tornadoes. We do have a drought evey year, it is scheduled for the month of August. If it is a long drought it starts on the 4th of July and lasts until mid September (that only happens about once every 20 years). We do have an earth quake about every 40 years or so. A mountain will blow its top every 400 or 500 years. The down side is November through March. The temperature will run 35-40 degrees and it will rain often. Maybe not a lot of rain but probably over half the days it will rain some.

That doesn't sound bad at all. I tried my darndest to get out that way when I was younger but life just got in the way.

Latest posts