How's the weather in your part of the world?

Help Support CattleToday:

Feels like spring. A lot of southern Manitoba has had freezing rain, and a pile of hoar frost. The city looks dirty and wet rather than a winter wonderland.
We have been getting close to melting temps, misty days, hoar frost and snow. I miss the sun.

It has been pretty.

Hydro workers have been working like crazy in different areas of the province to clear the power lines from ice. Sanding and salt trucks working overtime to keep the highways clear of ice.

Sure beats -25 with a wind.

It will be a white Christmas here after all, but just enough to be cosmetic ;-)

2" of new snow here. The ski folks should be happy with 2' of new snow in the higher Black Hills.

Forecast for tomorrow is 40 and 30 for Christmas day. Probably 10 degrees off those temps for "here".

There was a travel advisory in the Hills today but was lifted by early afternoon. I'm sure the roads are still slick. I am going to my sister's tomorrow, sticking closer to home on Christmas Day.

We are now under a flood watch and have more rain to come to Middle GA tonight and tomorrow. Had a calf born sometime last night in all this rain. A heifer had her calf and both are fine so my husband told me. I did not go over to the farm today, but will check things out in the morning.

Both ponds are full and running around. But we still have a driveway so that's a good thing. Most of the worst weather went north of us. We do have some trees down. And I'm going to let the cows in the woods so they can find some higher ground. But all in all it could be a lot worse.

HG wife is annoyed by this fire its now 85 degrees in the house lol
ResizedImage_1419471523696_zps8d33f5d8.jpg

Latest posts