How to use the Boards...

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. Signed up & have a question about anaemia in cattle, parasites & anaplasmosis. Symptoms, treatment, prevention.
Thanks.

Hi, I just recently purchased 5 heifers. I was told they had all had one calf and were pregnant with second calves. They weigh between 1100-1200 lbs. When I purchased them they were running with a bull. The guy I bought them from told me they were ready to calve any day. That was 30 days ago. I don't have a holding pen yet, so I cannot contain them. What are visual signs of term pregnacy? They have small milk bags, no leakage yet and no vaginal discharge.

kerley":35w5jrdy said:
Hi, I just recently purchased 5 heifers. I was told they had all had one calf and were pregnant with second calves. They weigh between 1100-1200 lbs. When I purchased them they were running with a bull. The guy I bought them from told me they were ready to calve any day. That was 30 days ago. I don't have a holding pen yet, so I cannot contain them. What are visual signs of term pregnacy? They have small milk bags, no leakage yet and no vaginal discharge.

With those signs they could be anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. Best to fix something up so that you can actually do something with them or take them to a vet and have them checked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts