How to use the Boards...

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
M Gravlee, Thanks for your help. I think I am doing everyting as you stated. It does quote the message as you can see. It wont put the quote in the box as it does for you and others. Could I have something disabled in the settings?

Rod

M Gravlee said:
Rod,

To quote a whole message just click on the quote button in the message you want to quote like I did in your message shown below.

MR3 said:
Just trying to figure out how to inset a quote in it's own little box and how to do it multiple times to keep each post separate. Plus how do you do just part of a post like a paragragh you want to quote? I read the FAQ board still know help. Everyone is doing it , so it must be staring me in the face. Thanks for any help!

Rod

If you just want to quote a part of a message, highlight the part you want to quote by holding down your left button on your mouse and dragging it over the text then copy it by clicking the right button on it. Open your reply and click the yellow quote button in your new reply, paste the text you copied by placing the cusor behind the quote symbol, click your right button and select paste. Then click the yellow quote button to "close the quote". Like this"
I have tried this, but it wont put the quote in its own layer or insert box like it just did for you. It must be something real simple like what you just said. It just wont work for me.

You can place your cusor to type your message above the quote or below it.

If you just want to quote a part of a message, highlight the part you want to quote by holding down your left button on your mouse and dragging it over the text then copy it by clicking the right button on it. Open your reply and click the yellow quote button in your new reply, paste the text you copied by placing the cusor behind the quote symbol, click your right button and select paste. Then click the yellow quote button to "close the quote". Like this

I followed these instructions. The cut and copy works just fine, except it won't frame its self in like a quote. The best I got was the word quote at the start and quote at the end each time I pushed the yellow quote button >Rod

:idea: It finally occured to me... You are putting a check in the "Disable BBCode in this post" box when you post. The quote feature is BBCode. Go back and edit your post and uncheck it and it'll work.

Just trying to figure out how to inset a quote in it's own little box and how to do it multiple times to keep each post separate. Plus how do you do just part of a post like a paragragh you want to quote? I read the FAQ board still know help. Everyone is doing it , so it must be staring me in the face. Thanks for any help! Rod

I jiust followed instructions; quoting the paragraph telling how to do this and got the question quoted instead. I think i followed instructions. I will try again but I did it twice and same thing both times.
This could be some of the problem.
[/quote]

M gravlee, Thanks! :D It was staring me in the face all along. I don't know who checked that box. Although, due to the metal stress that this has caused me I have decided to take tommorrow off and drift the river. A little Steel Head fishing is in order." ;-)

M Gravlee":1wj5n649 said:
:idea: It finally occured to me... You are putting a check in the "Disable BBCode in this post" box when you post. The quote feature is BBCode. Go back and edit your post and uncheck it and it'll work.

That should prove frustrating. When we lived in WA we gave up on steelhead and resorted to searun cuts. Never got skunked that way.

dun

MR3":5lkdc6kd said:
M gravlee, Thanks! :D It was staring me in the face all along. I don't know who checked that box. Although, due to the metal stress that this has caused me I have decided to take tommorrow off and drift the river. A little Steel Head fishing is in order." ;-)

M Gravlee":5lkdc6kd said:

I guess you don't have to catch a fish to have a memorable experience. We broke an oar, hit a rock and when we hit the rock both our tackle boxes flew off the bow and over board. We did land one 5 1/2 lb.er and had one on. True, we could have saved a couple hundred bucks at the super market, but we had fun and the fish taste excellent.

Rod

That should prove frustrating. When we lived in WA we gave up on steelhead and resorted to searun cuts. Never got skunked that way.

dun

they fill up gradually as you post and then one day you get to be a guru like dun.

That's the one that I get one in a while and told you about. A couple of days ago I got it almost everytime I went frame page to page. Haven't gotten it now in a couple of days. But it's happened that way before and then started again.

dun

Macon,

I've been getting an error frequently but can't remember for sure it is the same one but I think it is. I will pay more attention the next time I get it and let you know.

Chris

I've removed the XML code from the header. In theory nobody will get this error again. Please send me the entire error message if you do.

As assistant of my favorite super hero used to say "Roger Wilcox"

dun

Picture015.jpg

Click on the Profile tab at the top of the page and make the changes. When you're done I think it's the submit tab at the bottom that you click.

dun

HELP!!! having a brain fart and cannot figure out how to get those damned silly smileys to work....the mouthy cowboy beside me is telling me "just click on 'em honey...that should work"...been there, tried that...all i get is a letter
:D ......see!!
what am i doing wrong....the options say my smilies are enabled!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts