how much would you pay

Help Support CattleToday:

chorewife

Reaction score
How mush would you pay a kid to get up thistles? I'll be providing the ATV or UTV for him to drive around to dig them up. I haven't had time and don't want to spray since they are in a clover hay field.

chorewife":276dqkeg said:
How mush would you pay a kid to get up thistles? I'll be providing the ATV or UTV for him to drive around to dig them up. I haven't had time and don't want to spray since they are in a clover hay field.

If you want them to do a good job and not miss any pay them 2 bucks per thistle they dig up and I assure you your pasture will be free of them and they will be knocking your door down to come back again and again. I spot spray in my clover hay fields its minimal damage you already have the tool 4 wheeler and utv all you gotta do is mix 24d spend 1 hour driving around spot spraying you should be good to go. I did that this week.

Jogeephus":38geqtdo said:
I hit mine with gramoxone and the next day you can see any you missed.

24d does the same lol maybe cause I mix it 10 oz to the gallon and a half sprayer and a ton of dish detergent so it sticks easily I have had it on a plant and it rain 20 minutes later and still worked with no issues by doing it that way. Spot spraying is really cheap and quick if you have an all terrain vehicle walking would suck pretty bad.

Well guess I will be spot spraying or digging them up myself. Kid didn't think 1$ a thistle was worth doing it for. Oh well save me around 100 bucks. Don't understand they ask for work cause they need money then you if they don't like the job they pass on it.

That's how many of today's youth are 25 bucks gallon of 24d 4 bucks In fuel lil time save your $ since kid doesn't want to work. I would dig them for you for A
a buck a piece if guaranteed you have 50,000+ for me to dig :lol:

If I had 50,000 to dig id only pay out .001$ per. But then again what would be the point cause my hay ground wouldn't be worth a fraction of a cent.

for digging to work you have to get all of the root out of the ground.....

then you have these big holes....

spraying is much more effective......less destructive

chorewife":37mqcy90 said:
Well guess I will be spot spraying or digging them up myself. Kid didn't think 1$ a thistle was worth doing it for. Oh well save me around 100 bucks. Don't understand they ask for work cause they need money then you if they don't like the job they pass on it.
Sad to say, thats the way some kids are nowdays.. pick and choose what they want or like to do.
I go along with the rest of the replies you got here...spot spray. I do that, but I also pull some up if its handy for me.

I little trick I learned this year on thistles. I sprayed everything 24d as soon as I started seeing them this spring. It killed the small ones but I had quite a few older ones that it didn't kill. I waited till they started the to stalk (before they bloomed) and took my tire drag and drug the pasture the front edge of the drag would grab and pull up the root and all. I did this when the ground was wet. I have since been spot spraying any I have seen and have made great progress on this field.

I used the ATV and spot spray with 24d. I put a feed sack on the front of the ATV with the bottom strapped with a bungie cord. I wear a leather glove and pull the heads before I spray and put them in the sack. Then I know they won't reproduce, and I know where I've been that day.

Will Brash(has a different name now Rangemaster?) kill the mature plants better than 24D? Maybe add a some Remedy?

Latest posts