How much to pay for Pasture Rent??

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I live in Eastern NC and looking at a 30 acre pasture that is already fenced in but has been neglected for probably the last 7 or 8 years. The fence needs some minor repair where tree's have fell on it. What would be a fair rental rate per acre for me to pay the land owner? What are some of you paying for pasture rent? Thanks for your input.

DF

The best source for reliable information on what psture rents are running in any given area is still your local extension service office.
Aeound here, not your area but gives an idea of the price range, it runs from $3.50 per head per month to $15.00 per head per month. Neve rlooked into a flat rental/lease since we only want something on the place to eat the surplus and then want them out of here.

dun

In Alabama I pay $10 an acre with some in woods but if it rains i can run a pair to the acre.

In Southwest Missouri I pay $22 an acre for a year. That seems to be right in the middle there is some better ground going for $26 and some poorer ground going for $18. Mine is half fescue and clover and half prairie grass with all the water I need and a 30X60 livestock barn on it. The fences are pretty good, not brand new but they keep the cows in.

Donnie here in W.N.C. we have a pasture that is about a 30 acre tract we run around 10 head on kinda like you are talking about some woodland we had to fix a lot of the old fence we swaped the owner a calf every other year.Hope this helps'
rattler

Small piece of ground - try barter.

50 pounds of fresh beef off the first slaughtered animal.

Worst case - up to 100 pounds.

Start slow - money may not be the answer.

Fix the fence - put no money into the ground - clean it up a bit - may be all they really want.

Ask!!!

Bez!

Latest posts