How I hate Angus

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
I have spent the better part of the afternoon trying to get the neighbors Angus bull penned thats in my pasture.
He tore through two fences to get here and we still don't have him penned. We will work on it tomorrow with the dog . One way or the other he is leaving. He can go back through the fence or go in the lot I don't care.
Did I mention I hate Angus damest bulls for getting out and I have one too. Difference is the first time mine shows his butt he will be on the way to Mc Donalds via the Crockett sale barn. I will not tolerate a problem bull.

that would b a pain n the azz.all my neighbors raise feeders so i dont have 2 worry about it.is your neighbor at least helping? if not i would send him the bill if its happened n the past.

piedmontese":8engvksp said:
that would b a pain n the azz.all my neighbors raise feeders so i dont have 2 worry about it.is your neighbor at least helping? if not i would send him the bill if its happened n the past.

Yep he is helping we patched the fence and worried with the hateful beast all afternoon.
Jed it wouldn't be adviseable for the mafia to show up, tomorrow he is going in the pen I am hitting the pasture with a whip, dog and 1911. Trust me I have had enough of this boy and his attitude. He want's to blow snot and fight. I have told the neighbor he is leaving tomorrow in his trailer or I am dragging him to the back pasture with the tractor.

jedstivers":25v0glnu said:
Take a 4 wheeler an stay on him till he is give out, get him wore out enough he will head back to his pasture. That only works if you don't have places in the pasture he can get away from you.

He fought me on the mule today won't run stands his ground I was going to push him back. He is going to decide tomorrow this is not a good place to be. I am not upset he is in the pasture that is going to happen if you have cows.
Bulls fight, beller, blow snot and dig holes. It his attitude that has me with the red ass. I moved some cows over with him called them up with cubes he wouldn't come. He want's to stand up on the hill and beller and dig.Whip on his butt will take the fight out of him and make him decide to see things my way.

Reminds me of the James Harriot story where the bull takes off and the farmer goes and get an old cow. The bull immediately runs up to the old cow and they move them back to the corrals together. When James is astounded by the outcome the farmer replied "ought nothing strange about it, she's his mom " . ;-)

Is the bulls dam still around . :p

CB just think of him as a squirrel and deal with it. I have an evil squirrel I have to drag off in the morning. Two shots with the 9 mm and she was no longer a problem. No nails to hammer, no boards to buy and no more time wasted on that wretched evil gravity defying beast.

BTW - Anyone want a bottle calf to raise. Its free!

Caustic Burno":1u1bnsbm said:
I have spent the better part of the afternoon trying to get the neighbors Angus bull penned thats in my pasture.
He tore through two fences to get here and we still don't have him penned. We will work on it tomorrow with the dog . One way or the other he is leaving. He can go back through the fence or go in the lot I don't care.
Did I mention I hate Angus damest bulls for getting out and I have one too. Difference is the first time mine shows his butt he will be on the way to Mc Donalds via the Crockett sale barn. I will not tolerate a problem bull.

Yea we had a lil longhorn bull that way this year.....................he's a Big Mac now...............takes all kind of cows to make the world go round ! :)

jedstivers":2w9q2ldr said:
Take a 4 wheeler an stay on him till he is give out, get him wore out enough he will head back to his pasture. That only works if you don't have places in the pasture he can get away from you.
Jed you can think they are too tired to move. Then they can re-energize and try to kill you . I have experienced this with heifer and steer.
Don't trust them no matter how tired they look.

fighting with a bull is an avocation ripe with unusual opportunities and one best left to the young and agile.
In my doterage, i would rather pride myself on being smarter than the critter than tougher.....
I am sure the breed is what put the fight in him.....
not the whip, four wheeler, mule dog or gun, or rocks and sticks and sound cursing.

not trying to be critical but just a different viewpoint.

Ryder":3tmu14sn said:
jedstivers":3tmu14sn said:
Jed you can think they are too tired to move. Then they can re-energize and try to kill you . I have experienced this with heifer and steer.
Don't trust them no matter how tired they look.
I didn't say I'd trust them, just get them tired enough to want to be anywhere but where they are:). Don't even have to run them hard, just a steady pace of keep them moving.

Well he is in the trailer on the way home. I had him penned when the neighbor got here this morning. I suggested to the neighbor not unload him until he got to the salebarn. It didn't take long to take the fight out of him a couple of well placed pops of a whip. He decided it was better to get away from me and head for the cows in the lot.

Yes Jeanne I had my pistol and old Rube as I am to old to out run them any more.
I am also to hard headed to let one whup me on my own place.

TexasBred":19facp5q said:
Red Bull Breeder":19facp5q said:
Fellar told me one time that it was hard to drive a cow that chasing you.

Yeah sort of like "pushing" a chain. :lol:
Had a friend that went on one of those reenactment buffalo hunts in Kansas. An old bull had recently been dethroned and had wandered too close to camp. After a bit, the owner finally ran him off. Told them that was why he got rid of his cattle and went strictly with the buffalo. Said the buffalo were much easier to work - "You can herd them anywhere they want to go!" :)

BC":2njulmug said:
CB, you remind me of Capt. Call. A man of vision and one who does not tolerate rude behavior.

Well I appreciate the compliment. I prefer to think of myself as a Christian and God fearing man actually my personality is closer to Gus. I believe you have to be able to laugh at yourself. I can BS with the best and I hold a Phd in BS.
You are correct on the rude behavior especially if ladies are present, won't tolerate it.
When it comes to bovine I am not going to play with one, if I want to play with an animal I will play with ole Rube.

Caustic Burno":3k4muvdn said:
Third time my brothers Angus bull got into the neighbors regesterd Brahmans he gat a call that he could pick it up at the sale barn, but if he brought him back the next time he would need a backhoe to dispose of him. My brother did right by not going after him. Problem solved.

Latest posts