How do you get a cow poop stain out of clothes

Help Support CattleToday:

jfont":1fpxgb1l said:
Darhawk":1fpxgb1l said:
After a while I just think of it as tie-dyed. My question is, after years of washing-drying clothes, how do you get the poop smell outta the washer and dryer??????????/ :???:
Lemon juice ! You can clean a full stringer of fish, wash your hands with lemon juice, smell is totally gone. Spray some in the washer, run a rinse cycle, should work just as good.
Do you have an extra rinse cycle, that might help

This is probably too late, but next time get that sucker rinsed off in cool water ASAP. Then start testing the fabric for various stain removers. Try a paste of detergent first. Bleach will take manure stains out, but it may also fade colors and ruin elastic, as well as rust metal like zippers - don't leave it in contact for too long.

I recently tried those little yellow bottles of stain remover from the grocery store. They are pricey and don't have enough liquid in them, but the rust remover one worked GREAT on a shirt that had OLD, washed rust stains.

I second the Oxy clean, Best thing I've found at our Vet clinic for most types of stains and we get some good ones.

G lesamiz

TNMasterBeefProducer":254rodkd said:
There is a new detergent out that I had a coupon for. Someone had given me a sample of it. It is called Biz. Washed the cow poop and all other stains out like nothing I have found. Did not fade the color either.

??? :shock: :shock: :shock: "new"???

backhoeboogie":2pbryiju said:
TNMasterBeefProducer":2pbryiju said:
There is a new detergent out that I had a coupon for. Someone had given me a sample of it. It is called Biz. Washed the cow poop and all other stains out like nothing I have found. Did not fade the color either.

??? :shock: :shock: :shock: "new"???

I thought the same thing.. It's been around for 40 years

TNMasterBeefProducer":35sbke94 said:
Heck aint never heard of it and neither had my wife. LOL my apologies on the new thing.
Probably never heard of Fels Naptha either then.

TNMasterBeefProducer":1pkptl36 said:
dun":1pkptl36 said:
TNMasterBeefProducer":1pkptl36 said:
Heck aint never heard of it and neither had my wife. LOL my apologies on the new thing.
Probably never heard of Fels Naptha either then.

Nope! But I have heard of Mule Team Borax :lol2:

That's Twenty Mule Team Borax. Used to sponser Death Valley Days

The little girl has probably outgrown the coat by now or won't need til next fall, in which case will still be outgrown.

TexasBred":3t5lg02u said:
Heck it don't matter. At my age my clothes have about as many poop stains on the inside as the outside.

Now thats a good one ! Tickled me fancy for ages

Hunny do - you have the answer in your name .
Its not just a grass stain it has stomach fluids from all four stomachs and theres a lot of stuff in there.

Coat both sides of the stain with honey from the jar ,leave overnight and wash normally in the morning . Nature is wonderful no?

Rather than paddling upstream, go with the flow, I have said for years we need to convince townies that it's fashionable for those green stains, we will make $$$$$$$$$ .

kickinbull":78565xo3 said:
Rather than paddling upstream, go with the flow, I have said for years we need to convince townies that it's fashionable for those green stains, we will make $$$$$$$$$ .

Its fashionable to have holes in your jeans and for them to be worn down now. I used to have to amke sure i never wore my work jeans into town. Now if i dont, I feel like im just out of fashion : ) :cboy:

Don't know why ya would want to remove cow poop stain from your britches,Gives em class.
Reminds me of the time a budy I was in the service with from boston came by for a visit.Him and his wife. We went to the local resturant to eat,and I saw her whispering to him with a disgusting look on her face.
Next table to us a group of guys came in to eat right after rounding up cattle for the sale barn.
He told me later that she could not believe that people would go out to eat with shitz all over them.
And to make it a little more fun I had to tell her about the cow chip throwing contest.
I think she was ready to go back to Boston before they actually left.
I can just about imagine what she told all her turned up nose friends in Boston. :lol2: :lol2:

Cal

Latest posts