How do you get a cow poop stain out of clothes

Help Support CattleToday:

After a while I just think of it as tie-dyed. My question is, after years of washing-drying clothes, how do you get the poop smell outta the washer and dryer??????????/ :???:

Darhawk":2fx65uqw said:
After a while I just think of it as tie-dyed. My question is, after years of washing-drying clothes, how do you get the poop smell outta the washer and dryer??????????/ :???:

Hahaha that's funny. I always used to get in trouble for washing horse blankets in it and smelling.

The coat is pink and white and its her good coat. I would really like to get the stains out. :shock:

If Simple Green doesn't get things clean, I'd just wear it with pride.

Simple Green will get out practically any stain. Don't know the number of times I have taken off a nice shirt, dropped it in an old coffee can of water with simple green in it and washed it.

That OxyClean stuff works real good too especially on stuff that you cannot bleach. Also have used Lestoil. But you need to treat it before you wash it, once it is washed the stain is set.

Horticattleman":27cdiu5r said:
I usually try not to let my kids in the field with any clothes I wouldn't want to tell momma had poop stains on it, or any stains for that matter.

Heck it don't matter. At my age my clothes have about as many poop stains on the inside as the outside.

I used some Goop Hand Cleaner the other day on a shirt with a bunch of calf poop stain. The can says "the ultimate stain lifter". It did a good job on my shirt.

TexasBred":5zuahwm0 said:
Heck it don't matter. At my age my clothes have about as many poop stains on the inside as the outside.

Now that there is funny......... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I waited for someone else to say this, so with advanced apology: We haven't found anything that will work on all manure stains. That's why we make our cows go naked! Again, please accept my insincere apology! :)

Darhawk":1xs71va0 said:
Lemon juice ! You can clean a full stringer of fish, wash your hands with lemon juice, smell is totally gone. Spray some in the washer, run a rinse cycle, should work just as good.

CKC1586":3usoyxw6 said:
That OxyClean stuff works real good too especially on stuff that you cannot bleach. Also have used Lestoil. But you need to treat it before you wash it, once it is washed the stain is set.

Not necessarily. I have a sweatshirt that was stained with cow poop - it had been washed and dried 2 or 3 times previously. I washed it with either Oxy Clean or Clorox pre-wash spray and, lo and behold, it came out with no stain. I just can't remember which one I used. :? If all else fails, a half cup of bleach usually takes out most anything except the color - if the washing machine tub is allowed to fill at least half-way before the clothes are added.

Latest posts