How did open-minded become Liberal Ideology?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

bear

Reaction score
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Bear

I love open minded people, it is so easy for them to just start thinking like I do. That'sw why I get along so well with "open minded" people.

Larry

its good to have a open mind,,, just not wide open to let garbage in.. i send out feelers with mine if they bring back bull sht i throw it out :cowboy:

I took this topic from yahoo. If you do a search on this topic there a several interesting responses at this website.

The classic definition of "Liberal" is open minded character. This really caught me by surprise. I have never thought of a "Liberal" as open minded.

Bear

bear":2phmr4uy said:
I took this topic from yahoo. If you do a search on this topic there a several interesting responses at this website.

The classic definition of "Liberal" is open minded character. This really caught me by surprise. I have never thought of a "Liberal" as open minded.

Bear

Me neither!

Ryder":15tq6wdl said:
bear":15tq6wdl said:

Bear

Me neither!

Nor I but when I think about it, they are easily influenced it seems.

I'm curious.
Open minded is defined as what?

I'm left of Shawn Hannity and right of Bill Maher. I listen to both of them and I decide if it is important to me. What else ya gonna do?

john250":2g9nvkxg said:
I'm curious.

I'm left of Shawn Hannity and right of Bill Maher. I listen to both of them and I decide if it is important to me. What else ya gonna do?

Open minded is defined as: Inclined to respect views and beliefs that differ from your own. Unprejudiced

bear":28rh9n8y said:
Open minded is defined as: Inclined to respect views and beliefs that differ from your own. Unprejudiced
Your not be using the right dictionary. :lol: It is obvious it was published by those evil right-wing racists...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know a lot of folks who would classify themselves as conservative or liberal, both have the propensity to be very closed minded.

I see being open minded as someone who is actually willing to learn something.

alacattleman":278bfoa3 said:
its good to have a open mind,,, just not wide open to let garbage in.. i send out feelers with mine if they bring back bull sht i throw it out :cowboy:

Is best to understand when to seperate the wheat from the chaff. :nod: Guess that would make one not only open minded but also wise.

MistyMorning":3t4h9cz4 said:
I know a lot of folks who would classify themselves as conservative or liberal, both have the propensity to be very closed minded.

I see being open minded as someone who is actually willing to learn something.

alacattleman":3t4h9cz4 said:

Is best to understand when to seperate the wheat from the chaff. :nod: Guess that would make one not only open minded but also wise.
alot of things to learn though,, i could learn about gay rights and same sex marriage i guess,, but im agianst its so i wont allow myself too... im closed minded to it,, and will always be.................................... :cowboy:

Alacattlman it would seem that 8 states and 7 million voters in California alone would agree with you in this matter but it appears ya'lls opinions aren't as important as the fella in the black robe's. Its a sad day when you realize our vote doesn't matter. I wonder if this was someone's birthday present?

john250":3k90xz34 said:
I'm curious.

I'm a little to the left of Ronald Reagan and a little to the right of George H.W.Bush.

Larry

Jogeephus":2m8xoe06 said:
Alacattlman it would seem that 8 states and 7 million voters in California alone would agree with you in this matter but it appears ya'lls opinions aren't as important as the fella in the black robe's. Its a sad day when you realize our vote doesn't matter. I wonder if this was someone's birthday present?
im sure,,, he's helping push the clock foward if nothing else

larryshoat":5u2hsw7a said:
john250":5u2hsw7a said:
I'm curious.

I'm a little to the left of Ronald Reagan and a little to the right of George H.W.Bush.

Larry

Somebody needs to throw me a rope because I am hanging on by my figner nails :D

It is probably a sign of the times. I was about 15 the first time Sesame Street aired here. My maternal grandad got up and turned off the television. My little cousins all were upset and he said, "That's pure communism." About an hour later we were at my paternal grandaddy's house and my mother was telling that story in disgust. My paternal grandad said, "He did the right thing." Not to get political, but neither would have voted for Reagan or Bush because of their party affiliations. Yet both of them were farther to the left than I will ever be.

Now you look around at that young generation and they all have green, orange and pink hair trying to look like those muppet characters on Sesame Street.

they demand everyone believe exactly what they believe, i call that fascist. also what they believe is whatever the media tells them. open minded or thinker should never be used to describe liberals. maybe feeble minded.

Maybe its just me but I love liberals! Especially when they are handling the ice cream scoop or bartending. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts