How did he turn out?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Topkick":1tse52bh said:
I believe the question dealt with dressing percentage.

Exactly. For a dairy beef cross. You came in with a beef beef cross and started cutting diamonds saying MM didn't do very well. A 2% delta with one of your examples. For the breed, she did better than you IMHO. Possibly with better steak too. When I have one processed I ask that all burger be extra lean. That makes more than a 2% delta.

You are crawfishing and won't answer the question, which is applicable. Especially if you are going to be cutting diamonds on this issue.

Personally I don't care, but you want it both ways.

MM could have very well asked for extra lean burger and fat trimmed from her steak.

I think you did great...I remember those cert angus trials had to be 350-400 side ... you made it. I lived in Riverdale CA in the late 70's...largest dairy in the country I think..the beef supply was great, lots of tri tips and good beef.

Don't listen to the jerks here...you are doing good. and lots of fat dairy beef here gets sold through the barn for commercial sale. missed the picture if there was one. donna

Topkick.
You have yet to address my question!
All you have done is post something that is basically irrelevant to the issue at hand,
Even when you attempt to address the question you do so without enough knowledge of the animal in question to intelligently evaluate the differences between the test animal and Milkmaids.

Get over the fact that the tests you refer to will always be flawed by mere fact they do not take all the factors into account because as pointed out numerous times, feed, processor, cuts, type of animal, age of animal, can affect final yeild.
Milkmaid you done fine!!!!!!!!!!

Topkick":c2dr0v3y said:
MAN OH MAN you would think them people that conduct them studies and all the cattle come from the same group dont know didily. I bet they got some positions open for some pooper scoopers before long a man or woman with all your knowlege might be topdog.

You are the first person that i have ever read what they posted and it meant absolutley nothing at the end of the day. Where do you put on your seminars ior teach at it might be worthy to come and see if you are as bright as those that do the studies and such.
I feel bad for you if you can't understand how different amounts of gut fill, different slaughter methods and different types of cutting orders can affect dressing % and boxed beef %. But I will give you credit for one thing most people will never admit when they are to stupid to understand. But if by chance you are able to stay in the cattle industry long enough you will someday maybe be able to understand how all the above things change the %. I said maybe. Good luck in your learning.

MM - good job. I don't think you said, ARE you putting him in YOUR freezer?? If so, your family will be proud. Of course, having you for a daughter would make any parent proud!
I'm "assuming" this was one of your nurse calves??
BTW, seems like you woke up a few folks. Been boring around here :D :shock:

Topkick":1bqga51z said:
MAN OH MAN you would think them people that conduct them studies and all the cattle come from the same group dont know didily.

Milkmaid is sitting at a computer too. She could google and get studies too.

She didn't ask "people that conduct them studies." She asked this board.

All of the above.

Your studies don't list the cut orders or answer the questions you are being asked and cannot answer. Why do you argue with someone who has first hand knowledge?

Topkick":1bkr5j4l said:
Seems like we might have another caustic here.

It would be an honor to be put in the same category as CB.

There's plenty on here who know my story. Some have been out to see things. I have a day job. Nothing to hide here. For now I will keep this job. Thought about retiring from it and put that aside.

somn":mkxq6k37 said:
No need further discussing it with you. Someday when you mature enough to answer simple questions get back to me.

:lol: He's on BHB's back now - if he only knew.

Topkick":23omjrqm said:
backhoeboogie":23omjrqm said:
Topkick":23omjrqm said:
Seems like we might have another caustic here.

It would be an honor to be put in the same category as CB.

There's plenty on here who know my story. Some have been out to see things. I have a day job. Nothing to hide here. For now I will keep this job. Thought about retiring from it and put that aside.

Seems you forgot to post all the first hand exeperience you alluded to by you or somm. All that high falutin info that might teach everyone here something. i kind of done a search on here did not find any posts you or somm disputed about marc studies. KiND OF MAKES ONE WONDER if you are disputin the info or protecting a fellow board member.
Well it looks like you ain't done very much searching on here otherwise you would have realized BHB don't like me at all. And I don't stick up for anyone I call a spade a spade. I told you that the paper your marc studies were printed on were not even any good as ass wipe when comparing the slaughter of animals the way you do. If you can't understand diet affects gut fill, and different amounts of gut fill, different slaughter methods and different types of cutting orders can affect dressing % and boxed beef %. Thats your own fault. Yet you keep telling us how great your marc studies are. Was milkmaids steer part of the same marc study as your three examples? But if by chance you are able to stay in the cattle industry long enough you will someday maybe be able to understand how all the above things change the %. I said maybe. Good luck in your learning. Maybe you could call oklahoma state and ask them to send you the results from the studies they have done on the effects gut fill makes on dressing %. Ask them about how shrink effects dressing % also. It is obvious you don't know what effect they make on the %'s but it appears you need to learn everything from a study not real life I guess it works better that way when you live in town and don't own any cattle huh? Be prepared for some learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts